Gattuso set to Rangers return.. ?

• Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date
  • Replies 50
  • Views 7K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn't officially retired has he? I thought there were a few London clubs looking into signing him?

Also, Buffon is only 34 (IIRC), and this season has been one of his best for Juve.. He's got a few years left in him yet. Whereas Del Piero is pushing 40 and is like to command a pretty big wage despite spending more than half the season on the bench. It's probably more of a business decision than a sentimental one by Juve.

I think he's weighing up his future, heard a few reports he will retire. Hopefully he'll carry on, and yeah Arsenal keep on being mentioned as well as new york red bulls.

From what the Juve board said a few months back, it sounded more like a sentimental reason rather than business, something along the lines of the only Juve player who will always have a place in this club is Buffon. Heard a few times he was willing to take a wage cut, so really not sure why they didn't want to resign him.

As for Del Piero not playing this season, I don't think it was due to footballing reasons, seeing as he played really well and scored some important goals in the very few games he played. Conte just wouldn't ever pick him.

Last edited:
I think he's weighing up his future, heard a few reports he will retire. Hopefully he'll carry on, and yeah Arsenal keep on being mentioned as well as new york red bulls.

From what the Juve board said a few months back, it sounded more like a sentimental reason rather than business, something along the lines of the only Juve player who will always have a place in this club is Buffon. Heard a few times he was willing to take a wage cut, so really not sure why they didn't want to resign him.

As for Del Piero not playing this season, I don't think it was due to footballing reasons, seeing as he played really well and scored some important goals in the very few games he played. Conte just wouldn't ever pick him.

I think he'll retire, he won't find the same love for him than from the Juventus faithful.

And I think your right about it not being business from what I remember. A terrible shame that he's leaving.

He hasn't officially retired has he? I thought there were a few London clubs looking into signing him?

Also, Buffon is only 34 (IIRC), and this season has been one of his best for Juve.. He's got a few years left in him yet. Whereas Del Piero is pushing 40 and is like to command a pretty big wage despite spending more than half the season on the bench. It's probably more of a business decision than a sentimental one by Juve.

I think he will retire after the Copa Italia final. Winning the cup again will be a special moment for him, since he's the only member of the squad who won the cup the last time.

I think he will retire after the Copa Italia final. Winning the cup again will be a special moment for him, since he's the only member of the squad who won the cup the last time.

Been an immense pleasure watching him. Incredible player.

Def midifielders dont typically become worlwide legends. Not unless they're like Makelele, as in, so good at their job, the whole role gets named after them, lol.

Regardles, it would be pointless to argue that Gattuso wasnt one of best player at his position during last decade.

typical celtic fan talking lol.. "wannabe italian hardman" ... LOL , one of the best players that stepped in the Serie A ;)

WAS one of the best. Read my post properly mate. I said that he is a has been. He's 34 now and is past his best and I'm not disputing the player he WAS - just the player he is NOW.

I assume you mean past it hard man, because to call him a wannabe hardman after the way he has played throughout his career, and what he has achieved throughout his career would be startlingly one eyed and show a staggering amount of ignorance for the fanstatic midfield enforcer he has been. He has most certainly been a hardman, and Kayal can only dream of having the same kind of career, or even reaching the same level of performance.

I highlight the apt word. I was talking about what he is like now - not how he HAS been and I wasn't comparing playing careers between Kayal and Gattuso so you've kinda went off on a tangent there.

This is all a moot point anyway because like I say with Rankers having a transfer embargo on them for the next year they won't get him and even if they got him after next season he'll be at least a couple more years past it. Even in the SPL. He'd be like the Davie Weir of the midfield.

kayals twice the player gattusso is anyway

Kayal can only dream. Anyway its not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.