beng1250

Reaction score
paul_gascoigne_400x300.jpg

Massive test as Gazza replaces Capello
News broke early this morning that Fabio Capello wouldn't be continuing his job as manager of England due to viewing his world cup performance as in his words 'inadequate' throughout the day rumours have been fastly surfacing and then people ruling themself's out of the running, Gareth Southgate officially threw himself into the frame 2 hours after Capello's resignation was accepted by the FA.

Only 6 hours after Capello's resignation was accepted, Paul Gascoigne was offered the job of turning around the nations fortunes after such a miserable Capello reign. Gascoigne has released a small statement in the last half hour after the news of his appointment was made.

'I am extremely happy and feel this role i've been offered is just, in the past i've done wrong in some circumstance's but this is a new chapter of my life and i feel that success is only a matter of time for this talented squad, the fans will play a crucial role in our adventures...Today, is a new day for English football, and today we will be better than ever.'

Whilst all the press have been concentrating of Gascoigne's appointment it's rumoured he has flown from London to LA for a chat with long time team mate and friend David Beckham, the nature of this visit is not known yet, what is known is that Gascoigne has to announce his first squad in the next few days for the Hungry friendly so it's going to be a busy few days for Englands new manager.