GodCubed

Mod-ern Day Legend
Reaction score
After pottering around in the Brazilian leagues and finding some absolute gems, I eventually decided it was time to do things properly. After about an hour's hard sifting, I can now present to you:

GodCubed's Brazilian Leagues Shortlist

• Over 220 players all plying their trade in the Brazilian Leagues
  • A mix of young and old, cheap and costly
  • Includes both well-known (Neymar) with hidden gems (Leandro Damiao)
  • All types of players included: flying wing backs, defensive midfield rocks, and the famed Brazilian attacking flair players
  • Suitable for use in leagues from Prem to around Championship level
  • I'm running out of things to say...

To get the best out of the shortlist, I would recommend loading Brazilian leagues. It is perfectly good without, of course, but you lose 100 or so players. However, it is up to you, since most of the players lost are little-known semi-wonderkids anyway. So, give it a download and see how you like it. Feedback is welcome.

View attachment 122281

Screenies will be put up if or when I can be bothered.

Will be giving this a download, I haven't run with the Brazilian leagues yet but I'm sure there are many gems out there, hopefully can find some for my Villa save :)

Cheers for this. :wub:

P.S. Did you actually play a game in the Brazilian leagues or just search for the players, if so, was it any fun managing there?

Will be giving this a download, I haven't run with the Brazilian leagues yet but I'm sure there are many gems out there, hopefully can find some for my Villa save :)

Cheers for this. :wub:

P.S. Did you actually play a game in the Brazilian leagues or just search for the players, if so, was it any fun managing there?

Did both, actually, at the start I went on there just to get the players but rather kept going with Atletico Paranense (sp). Dear lord the league structure is complicated. They have something like 4 leagues, and then other leagues, and then Copa America, and then blarghflargle, it's far too complicated for me.

Had fun though, the amount of flair packed into their squads is astonishing. Everyone plays attacking possession based football, and I had rather a lot of fun trying to implement a Martin O'Neill counterattacking hoofball tactic.

I tend to load Brazil anyway, so will give this a download.

Surely you'll have trouble with a work-permit for most tho?

I tend to load Brazil anyway, so will give this a download.

Surely you'll have trouble with a work-permit for most tho?

Surprisingly, quite a few of them are fine, especially the experienced Gremio lot for some reason.

Did both, actually, at the start I went on there just to get the players but rather kept going with Atletico Paranense (sp). Dear lord the league structure is complicated. They have something like 4 leagues, and then other leagues, and then Copa America, and then blarghflargle, it's far too complicated for me.

Had fun though, the amount of flair packed into their squads is astonishing. Everyone plays attacking possession based football, and I had rather a lot of fun trying to implement a Martin O'Neill counterattacking hoofball tactic.

You took hoofball to Brazil? This is why Brazilian teams will never have an English manager.:D

this looks brilliant GodCubed, great work :D

Just started a game with Santos. It is a interesting league. will give it a look..

Great stuff GC, nice to see a specialized list for Brazil, as there are so many players that go un-noticed. KUTGW.

Football in Brazil has both nation-wide championships ( called Serie A (Premier), B (Championship), C (League 1) and D (League 2)), a cup, and several state championships and some state cups as well. It's way too complicated. I, as an Argie, can't complain though. Relegation is based on a point average from games played over the last 3 years (For recently promoted teams, only games.they played on the premier division are taken into consideration). Still, this is completely off topic. Good job, I may use it if I ever try to take my team to glory in an entirely south american game :p

Football in Brazil has both nation-wide championships ( called Serie A (Premier), B (Championship), C (League 1) and D (League 2)), a cup, and several state championships and some state cups as well. It's way too complicated.

As a Brazillian myself, I think it's not that much complicated, but I must be honest with you, most of the people over here doesn't want the state championships anymore. It makes the teams play 2 games in the same week, for the same championship (Série A)...

I haven't seen the shortlist yet, but I feel I can give you guys an info that I believe that apply in the game: Santos, São Paulo, Inter and Grêmio have, IRL, the best youth academies, so I suggest to begin looking for regens at these teams.

I will try some of these players with my Sao Paulo and my Santos save

I must admit I'm slightly confused at the State Championships, I got offered a job with Juventude 3 days after starting Unemployed and Sunday League experience.

If you win do you go into a Brazilian League, like the one below the top one or something?

Cheers