Gelling, Adapting and Settling in time

Andriko

Reaction score
I have taken over a new team, which should be leading the division, and they consitently draw even though they are playing better which I preasume is a sign that they have not yet adjusted to the tactic, nor have they gelled (I signed 5 new players).

But this has been going on for 12 games, how long should I expect to wait before they find their form?

ty!

Assuming that gelling is the issue (although personally that's the last thing I'd check on if I'm in a relatively 'bad' run), then it can take a good 2/3 of a season for a team with a lot of new players to gel to a decent level. Sometimes it's less, sometimes it's more - depending on the players (eg a load of non-native language speakers from a totally different culture will take longer to gel then the same number of players brought up in that environment, as a general rule of thumb anyways).

Taking time to adjust to a tactic seems to vary, but generally a couple of months should be long enough.

It depends on a few factors really(like language, squad harmony and squad personality.. etc)

It usually takes me half a season for the team to start playing well enough to my liking and it's only in the second season that the team performs consistently well.

Hi bro, me actually share the same problem as you in the beginning..
As i manage Juventus for 2 seasons, on the 3rd i have been recruited by Man Utd. But not going well. So i create new tactics, and adjust the team play style following English style. Kick and rush. And it works.
My suggestion is try to change your tactic and follow the flow style of your league.

Best Regards,
Aristianto von Reinhardt
World Class Manager

If the team is playing well but constantly draw.. well maybe you should change systems during a game and just keep morale up by being more positive and don't be so harsh on players unless needed obviously.

About players settling in and teams gelling, it should take around half a season for a team to really gel. A sign of how its going is the assistants team report, should come up with Team Morale. Mine is that my players would die for each other, and I believe because of that my team plays well good passing football.

My advise is to just give it a few more games and try be a bit more offensive in certain parts of games, change systems and think about what the opposition is doing. And by change systems, I don't mean change tactics. Much like in the websites tactical theorums, use:

All Out Attack
Attack
Standard
Defence
Shut Up Stop

Just try push for more wins I guess, maybe you just need a little luck.