timmsy123

Reaction score
Alright guys, just started a game as Northwich Victoria in the BSN, and was just looking for some general advice when managing in the lower leagues. There aren't any stickied threads in this LLM section, so thought i'd start a help thread. So my situation, Northwich Vics, 450k loan debt, 10pt deduction. Had a mass squad clear out and need some decent loan/freebies. Also was needing advice on LLM formations and player roles, was thinking of keeping it basic with player roles and not altering much, unsure what to do with my CM's, was considering leaving them as standard CM's but pondering making them B2B midfielders? Also looking for advice on PI's, as i know in LLM a couple of high physical/mental stats can be more important than technical ones.

Sorry about the ramble!
All help appreciated

you wont get any help from the serious LL managers mate...i tried and got jack **** help from them...its like some weird cult...even though i stated that i just wanted a few pointers, and wasnt looking to cheat the game, they still remained tight lipped...i think i found an article on here (try searching LLM) and that was quite useful...said mental stats were more useful at that level, and player attributes depending on what league ur in...im playing as fisher athletic, which i think is 9th or 10th tier...so my search filter was lookin for players with a 4,5 or 6 attribute (sometimes higher if ur lucky)...good luck with it mate.

Cheers mate, hoping somebody will give me a few pointers to help me along the way, Northwich is only like 6th tier so i should get my head around it eventually, just need a nudge in the right direction!

FM Genie scout and Mr houghs tactic is the right way forward mate...
But what helped me the most was make sure u have a good backroom staff! Scouts defo as they are the most u rely on....

I got Brid Town from 9th tier to Premier by not even spending alot. Loans was the way forward.... all i can say is check storys like AstonMatu's or mine and try and see if u can pick up tips...

Best of luck to you mate

Astons here : http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/cockfosters-to-premier-league-t30962.html

Could you point me in the direction of Mr Hough's tactic mate? And i don't like using Genie Scout, think it takes some of the fun out of the game

You should try and get a parent club as it makes getting loan players a lot easier, also arrange lots of friendlies to get finances up

Thanks yorkshirelad! Will try those out soon! And Calum i have Sheffield United as a feeder club but they have no players to loan me :( i got as many friendlies as i could in suring pre season

You would do well to get them as a feeder club i think you mean parent club:p

Haha yeah i meant parent club Calum, not doing too bad so far...

View attachment 73746

**Side Note
Matt Bailey is my CB, all of his goals were headers from corners!

I take it you're not on 10.3 then!

Anyway, as stated above, having decent scouts is the key to success, as is financial management. You're lucky that you managed to clear out your players, when I started my current Gloucester game I found that most of my players were so **** that no-one would have them. Had to wait one year before their contracts expired, then used the extra 2,000 wage bill to get some proper players.

The main thing you need to watch for are Acceleration and Pace for your DCs, and STs. I tend to use my wingers as additional attacking options, so I like them to be pacey too.

Anyway, I just got promoted to League 2 in the first year of leaving BSS. 100 points in the table don't look too bad. If you can get direct promotion early on in the season it gives you a massive advantage in the race for players, as you'll get a reputation boost the minute your promotion is confirmed and therefore access to a higher standard of players. I managed to sign League 1 standard players in my last month in BSS.

Personally I've found it hard to get any decent loan signings the past two years. You might be more lucky. Maybe people just don't want to come to Gloucester because the facilities are so ****?? I remember that players were queuing round the block to join me at AFC Telford. Just filter your known player list by listed for loan, then scout the best of them.

Regarding tactics, one thing I changed from the Premiership to BSS was to turn down long shots for all of my payers and switch to through balls. I also switched off crosses since I'm on 10.3 and had my wingers cut inside instead.

just got the level tier 10 and using my local team long eaton united using formation mr hough any ideas on who i should by pm me thanks.

im sure that if you have read a few of the other threds you will have herd this before, however download and read "tactical theroems and forums 09" and 2010. its a long old read but worth its weight in gold on explaining nearly all aspects of the game. rather than download some one elses tactics read TT@F and make your own to suit your squad.