General Question for Moderators

spitfire

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I note the Forum Rules indicate "no swearing in excess." I'd like to begin posting up a story I've been working on but it does contain plenty of swearing and, to be honest, would probably contravene that rule.

What I'd like to know is that if the swearing is simply part of the story and not directed at a particular forum member is certainly not offensive, racist or generally socially unacceptable would it be ok? In my particular story, the swearing is an essential element of the character's personality - it's not like every second word is an "F" but he can be pretty loose sometimes!

Thanks.

Hey folks,

I note the Forum Rules indicate "no swearing in excess." I'd like to begin posting up a story I've been working on but it does contain plenty of swearing and, to be honest, would probably contravene that rule.

What I'd like to know is that if the swearing is simply part of the story and not directed at a particular forum member is certainly not offensive, racist or generally socially unacceptable would it be ok? In my particular story, the swearing is an essential element of the character's personality - it's not like every second word is an "F" but he can be pretty loose sometimes!

Thanks.

If its within reason its ok, but have like a warning right at the top. It's partly because we do know children read the threads.

Although even in the context of the story we could not allow sexism, homophobia, racism etc

Yep, ack all that. If anything does come up that you think crosses the line then please let me know and I'll amend accordingly.

Hopefully everyone enjoys it!

If its within reason its ok, but have like a warning right at the top. It's partly because we do know children read the threads.

Although even in the context of the story we could not allow sexism, homophobia, racism etc
Even if the story is clearly showing that sexism/homophobia/racism is wrong?