General questions that i cannot seem to find answers for...

Aderan

Reaction score
1) Is there a way to search for all players that are without clubs? Eg in a previous version, you could go into search, type No Club, press enter, and tada, something like 50,000 hits (including all personnel, managers, scouts etc). Does anyone know of this for the 2017 version?

2) Will the editor be coming out with the full version game?

More questions to come...
Thanks

I manage a low Norwegian club, and I am not seeing many contractless players from beyond my scouting region. In the old version, ALL players and personnel would show up, regardless whether they would be in your scouting knowledge or not.

Any idea?

I manage a low Norwegian club, and I am not seeing many contractless players from beyond my scouting region. In the old version, ALL players and personnel would show up, regardless whether they would be in your scouting knowledge or not.

Any idea?

Only players within your scouting network will appear.

Why not load up a a game as Real Madrid or someone else with global scouting just to find whoever you want / need?

Clever idea. I take it the possibility to see all players and staff without clubs is gone. If anyone has fm12, give it a go (if you need a reference) for how it used to work...

A few more questions:

1) Starting a 'Create a New club' game: Does this game play the same as the career mode? In other words, if I was to start career mode, this 'New Club' game would be exactly the same with the exception of having a new club created by me?

2) When creating a profile (with pictures etc) for a manager, is there any way to save your profile (I am planning to create two-three managers from the real world that are not in the game, but I found it a pain having to do it every time I start a new game.

3) Also, are you able to CREATE a club once you have already started a Career game?
Cheers for now

Last edited:
Instead of Real start as a big club in Scandinavia to look for players. If you are staring a save with Real you won't see so many lower-league Scandinavian players poping up. Try Rosenberg, Malmo, Kobehavn...But yes, untill you don't improve your scouting it is a good option. When the editors comes out you could use it to make a "shotlist" before playing a game.

Mind that the range and the numbers of players "visible" does not depend on the quality of the scouts but on their knowledge. Example: if you have a Spanish scout with PA 20 and CA 20 it will be useless to you. That is why to find players you don't know, it is much better to have many scout of different nationalities even if mediocre. Once the players are found you can send your best scout to make a report.

Further questions.

1) Change user can only be found in the options menu? Is there a way to make this a quicker progress?

2) When looking at non-playable countries and their leagues, is there a way to scroll to the next team, or do i have to exit the team, then click the next, and so on.

3) One further question is: If i start a new game once the full-version comes out, will the changes made in the january update be included in this or not?

Again many thanks

Last edited:
Just to nick this thread, do any of you have severe attribute drops following injuries? Aaron Ramsey picked up a pulled hamstring which is 2-3 weeks. I then see that his acceleration drops from 11 to 13 instantly! I know that persistent injury problems are taken account in the database (Ramsey has cheese strings for hamstrings irl) could this be why? That's a severe drop for a 2-3 week injury.

A further question (I havent played FM16):

In the editor, when creating a new club, is there a way to alter the country(ies) youth players are recruited from?

A further question (I havent played FM16):

In the editor, when creating a new club, is there a way to alter the country(ies) youth players are recruited from?

no