General Training/ Match Preperation

speek

Reaction score
Hi guys currently starting second season with spurs, i have my assistant to run the general team training. i played my first 3 games and with most of my players finishing with around 65% condition. I found the training pie chart shows 0% was balanced training, 60% tactics, 34% attacking, 7% ball control, 0% defending and 0% the rest of it was all out of sort.

Do you guys run general training yourself? i so what balance do you do? pre-season and during busy times.

Thanks!

The pie chart just shows what you've been focusing on recently.

I use Balanced, Average but I set up individual training too.

Hey man, the assistant will generally change the General training every now and then to work on the weaknesses of your team but i like to take control of it myself

For pre season; General Training: Fitness very high and match prep would be tactics, until the final week of pre season, then i change to balanced. I always put the max match prep as i want the squad to get familiar with the tactics until the final week, where i change to balanced and lower the match prep to 1 day

In season Balanced/ Def Positioning all the time, with a rest day after the game, if there is an international break, depending on which team you are, and havent got an games for the week then i tend to change the general training to the weakness of the team, this can be found by using the Prozone stat program to check where youre going wrong, hence changing the general training according to the teams weekness.

Personally I always run the main team training myself as I'm yet to dive into individual training to how I want to do it yet.

Pre-Season I'll move the training slider all the way to the left to boost learning tactics. I tend to keep it on Balanced/Average for the first week, then bump it up to high for the remaining weeks (I don't use very high as I fear this will cause training injuries a lot more), once the season starts I will move it to average again and keep it on balanced. I then move the slider a couple of notches to the right so that it isn't quite 50/50 and more 65/35 roughly. I always have a rest day after the game.

When it comes to individuals, although I've not started using this properly this is the approach I'm starting to take. Individual training on the role I want the player to use mostly, with an individual focus on certain attributes on a rotation basis that I feel they need, for example a CD on marking/tackling on 3 month rotations or if I have a third attribute then I would do 2 month rotations (the rotations are only for the low stats though, once I feel they are at a respectable level I would just keep the role focus and not the individual attribute.