psk14

Reaction score
So, on FM13 I had a 20+ year career with Pompey. My team was world class but there were so many other players that I could have signed from other big clubs such as City, Spurs, Milan and PSG. There were countless 4.5 and 5 star players out there, with my club reputation 4.5 stars.

This year on FM14 on any save I've found a lack of quality regens going into the future, it seems there is a lack of talent and there is just an overload of average players.

Anyone else find anything similar?

I found FM13's regens to be ridiculous to be honest. I had 15-25 world class players by 2020, each guys with 30-50 caps while only having an average squad age of 22. The regens were too good in my opinion!

Agree with Brendn, only on my long term Schalke save have I had much luck with regens, churning out world beater after world beater, including a ronaldo-esque clone. I somewhat prefer that each season less amazing regens are appearing, don't really know why...

It's weird because I could barely find a world class regen on last years version yet on this one I've had about 4 or 5 world class regens come through my academy and found many more to sign.

I've been scouting Britain for three years for 4.0*+ players under 20, and have found 7..."7"! Apart that, I've been scouting different arts of Europe for about 18 months, and have only found about 15 others. It looks like we're all going to be playing Sunday League football in ten years.

I've had 4 English 5 star potential through my academy and 1 random Italian as well who's world class and I'm in 2022 with Nottingham Forrest and still haven't got max youth, just luck plus all the other talents clubs are producing, but on last years I had the same problem as you. It's just a bit of bad luck.

Got a 5 star potential regen in my first intake, touted as the next Gascoigne.
Year after 5 star PA keeper.
Subsequent year 5 star PA striker, labelled the next Michael Owen.

As Watford, with a established (i.e not top level) youth recruitment.

I don't know whether I'm lucky or this years version is aggressively encouraging you to develop your youth programme due to the Financial Fair Play rules?!

FM13 had this aspect balanced out than any other FM i played. You got rewarded for investing in your facilities. Regens are what i look up to all year when that youth intake report comes out. FM14 fails at this. Even with the very best facilities at every category i can go on for like 3 years in a row without getting an average regen. I would be told there is no player that stands out as good. You got a bad match engine to deal with, then the game fills up with bad players overall, surely that cannot be a good thing long term. I play 4-5 seasons max then start a new save because of this, i do not know what i am expected to do with **** players.

FM13 regens were the best, you still had to develop them, you felt your hard work being rewarded & your scouting being put to good work. FM14 does not give you that sense of enjoyment. It suffers a lack of talent for both player & staff. I am not the type to go out & sign every world class player & dominate with young kids. There is no fun in that at all & i do not get why those that do that complain. With FFP rules i expect a better & more balanced regens, youth intake, training model & player development

Ability system isn't reliable for every save since you have different players and club has different reputation with different scouts. All those things affects the 'quality' of regens. You cannot expect some regen to have 4* ability if your best player has, let's say 4.5* and PA of 190. Only thing to check it for sure is Genie Scout. Download it and filter players who has PA higher then 170. You'll be surprised how many there are.

My scouts at Swansea were **** when I finished my first save with them, 15% world knowledge and instead of asking them to scout players I got my assistant to do it because he didn't F**k up the PA and CA. Erik Larsen was an okay scout though.

I've learnt in my second Swansea save and I have a pretty decent scouting team imo, but I agree, there is a lack of talent. occasionally a few few mega players come through who are genuine contenders to replace Ronaldo and Messi but other than that FM13... it was much easier to find a good regen and turn him into a beast. In FM13 all you needed was Genie Scout and a mid-table team in any division and you just had to keep them in that division, by 2020 you had a squad capable of being a top-flight side challenging for the title. Thinks are much harder in FM14. But it's better for it.