Steven Dodds

Reaction score
I have had a little scroll through the stories pages and noticed that there are not that many Newcastle United stories and I thought I would give one a bash. I will continue this story no matter what.

images

Founding History

The club was founded in 1892 by the merger of Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End who were previously rivals in the Northern League, but after West End fell into financial difficulties they decided to merge.[2] The deal included the lease on West End's stadium St James' Park and several names were suggested for the new club, including Newcastle Rangers and Newcastle City, however they chose the name Newcastle United

Rivalries

Newcastle have a long-running and deep rivalry with their nearest major neighbour Sunderland AFC, whose fans are colloquially known as Mackems. Matches between the two are referred to as the Tyne-Wear derby. The two cities of Newcastle and Sunderland are just 10 miles (16 km) apart, so there is an intense feeling of a regional rivalry, heightened by a feeling that it is city against city with local pride at stake. Moreover, the proximity means that as in derby matches, workmates, families and friends are often divided, especially in places between the two cities, such as South Shields, where there are supporters of both teams living in close proximity.

Records

Jimmy Lawrence holds the record for the most Newcastle appearances, having played 496 first-team matches between 1904 and 1921 as a goalkeeper.[100] Former captain and left back Frank Hudspeth comes second, having appeared 472 times and scoring on 37 occasions.
Alan Shearer is the club's top goalscorer with 206 goals in all competitions between 1996 and 2006[101] having surpassed Jackie Milburn's tally of 200 in February 2006. Milburn had held the record since 1957, his 38 Wartime League goals scored during World War II were not accounted for. His striking partner Len White is the third highest scorer at Newcastle with 153 goals. Albert Stubbins could be Newcastle's all time leading goal scorer but his goals are not counted as the majority were scored during World War II.[102]
The most prolific goals per game striker in the history of the club is Hughie Gallacher – a strike-rate of over 82% with 143 goals in his 174 outings.[103]
Newcastle's record win was a 13–0 home victory against Newport County in Division 2, on 5 October 1946.[104]
Newcastle's record home attendance is 68,386, against Chelsea on 3 September 1930.[105] To the fury of the fans Gallacher had been sold to Chelsea and the Geordie public turned up by the thousand to welcome home their hero. As well as the record crowd in the ground thousands more were locked outside.[103] The capacity of St James' Park is currently 52,387,[87] so it is unlikely that these records will be broken in the foreseeable future. The club's highest attendance in the Premier League is 52,327, in a match against Manchester United on 28 August 2005.[105] Newcastle have also set the attendance record for a Championship game, with a crowd of 52,181 present in the club's final home game of the 2009–10 season against Ipswich Town on 24 April 2010.[106]
Newcastle United also hold a record in the Champions League[11] for being the only team in Champions League[11] history to lose their first 3 group-stage games and still go on to qualify for the next stage. This feat was achieved in the 2002/03 season when Newcastle reached the second group stage winning against Juventus (h)1–0, Dynamo Kiev (h)2–1 and Feyenoord (a)2–3 after losing to Dynamo Kiev (a)2–0, Feyenoord (h)0–1 and Juventus (a)2–0.

The New Era

Today Newcastle United Chairman has announced Steven Doods as his new manager. Mike Ashley sacked Chris Hughton in unexplainable fashion. Steven Dodds, who is relatively, has made a name for himself in the lower, and I mean lower divisions of Scottish and English football. He has got 3 League Titles and 2 Cup Winners medals under his belt. Mike Ashley is said to be delighted with his new managers C.V and does not regret the decision one bit. He has told all Newcastle United fans to wait and see what happens and also said that they won't be disappointed with the appointment at the end of the season.

images

It has come to our sources that Newcastle United fans have gathered just outside St James' Park in protest of Mike Ashley's appointment of new manager Steven Dodds. Mike Ashley told the Newcastle fans to at least give his new man a couple of games to prove himself before they protest, but clearly they are not giving him that time. Mike Ashley has been in this position before and I don't think he will be fussed with these Newcastle fans.

images

images

Dodds' First Press Conference

Q: You sit here today the new Manager of Newcastle United. Is this your dream job?
A: Well of course, any job that I get is a dream job as it has been my dream for many years to become a top, well known, worldwide manager. So any job I receive is a dream come true for me.

Q: Do you already have an idea of which players you like and which players you aren't so happy with?
A: Well that is a but unfair on the players if I have already decided who is in the squad and who is not, so before I decide who is in the squad I will have to see them all in action. Obviously the likes of Carroll, Enrique and Jonas are in the team but I guesses most people already knew that.

Q: With that said, are you ready to delve into the Transfer Market?
A: The only players which will be coming to St James' will be ones who fit into the squad. If they are useless to me then they won't be coming to the club. That is all you need to know.

Q: Some managers likes to play Attacking and some managers like to play Defensive tactics. What will be your approach to the games?
A: Well, it really depends on our opponents and the situation of the game. If we are losing 1-0 at home I will switch tactics because they obviously aren't working but if we are winning 1-0 away I will convert to a more defensive tactic depending on the team we are playing.

Q: As far as your backroom staff go, will you be bringing in your own guys or will you be keeping the current backroom staff?
A: I'm afraid I will be bringing some of my own guys in, but some of the current members will keep their jobs if they are good enough, but some of them just aren't good enough for players that play in the Premier League.

The Press Conference has been concluded

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Dodds is in Charge Now

Steven Dodds has today confirmed that he has terminated the contracts of 7 staff members which included 3 Physios, 2 Fitness Coaches, 1 Youth Coach and 1 Scout. He told the whole world that some jobs in the backroom will be lost and are these just the first few victims of Dodds' reign?
Dodds also confirmed that he had made 7 new additions to his backroom staff which include 2 Physios, 2 Fitness Coaches, 2 Scouts and 1 Youth Coach.

images

Other News

Newcastle Manager has told Sky Sports News that if he wants to reach his Chairmans goal of staying in the Premier League he will need a Right Back, A Center Back and he will need back up players for the following positions: Striker, Center Midfield, Attacking Midfield and Defensive Midfield. Dodds has been given £1.5 Mllion to spend by Mike Ashley who believes that the budget he has provided is sufficient enough to keep them in the Barclays Premier League.

Dodds' Targets

Steven Dodds and his Assistant have made a list of Transfer Targets they have in mind and the players who are to be sold to raise more fund to sign these players. The list includes:

In

Flamini - AC Milan
Kyle Walker - Tottenham
Whittaker - Rangers
Coleman - Everton
Jelen - AJ Auxerre
Ducasse - Bordeaux

Out

Xisco - Striker
Alan Smith - Midfield/Striker

images

images

Marko Livaja

Marko Livaja has today has had his dreams shattered as his Work Permit was declined. He had a deal agreed with Newcastle United to move to them on a free transfer but the deal won't go through because the Work Permit Appeal was rejected. Newcastle United manager Steven Dodds is said to be very very angry with whoever declined the Work Permit and may take this further as he says that Marko Livaja could very well become one of the greatest footballers ever and he has been denied the chance of signing him on a free. He said in a press conference earlier that he would not stop until he had his man.

Other News

images

Newcastle United have had a £7.5 Million bid rejected from AC Milan for there Center Midfielder Mathieu Flamini. The French Midfield is 26 Years Old and is said to be very disappointed that the bid has been rejected as he would love a move back to England, of course he has played for Arsenal in the past before moving to Milan in 2008.

images

Could someone give me some tips on how to add more information for a longer, better read? because I just don't know where to add more information on these storys

Pre Season + Transfer News

Newcastle begun there Pre Season with a game against there reserves. You could say this was a scouting session for there new manager as it was the 1st time he would see them in action since he took over and it all went well for the so called Newcastle XI.

Newcastle 4-1 Newcastle Reserves
Ben Arfa (23), Carroll (pen 30), Jonas (50), Xisco (86) - Donaldson (45+3)

Manager's Feedback - A Few of the lads inpressed me today from the reserves including the goal scorer Donaldson and also Perch, but it was no contest after the 1st goal hit the back of the net. The first team ran away with it prevailing 4-1 winners in the end.

Carlisle 3-2 Newcastle
Marshall (19), Ferguson (own goal 62), Berrett (84) - Xisco (45+1), Ranger )70)

Manager's Comments - Good hearted game, pleased that Nile Ranger got on the scoresheet and also that Xisco got on it again. Not too worried with this result as it is only a friendly and I only played a half strength team.

Ross County 2-1 Newcastle
Miller (20, 24) - Carroll (56), Smith (sent off 67)

Manager's Comments - I can't say i'm not disappointed with this result because I am. I put out nearly a full team which included Carroll, Ben Arfa, Barton and Tiote. I fully expected the win and I didn't get one. However it is only a friendly and the fans have got nothing to worry about.

Hamilton 0-2 Newcastle
Jonas (16, 63)

Manager's Comments - Really pleased with this result. Its our 2nd game in our tour of Scotland and I am delighted to have won here at Douglas Park. Jonas getting a double today and that just proves how crucial he is going to be in our up coming season in the Premier League.

St Mirren 0-1 Newcastle
Creaney (sent off 88) - Xisco (65)

Aberdeen 1-5 Newcastle
Enrique (own goal 48) - Carroll (7), Todd (own goal 17), Williamson (50), Taylor (pen 74), Edmundsson (88)

Manager's Comments - The scoreline says it all. 5-1. At Pittodrie this is an amazing result. To come from Newcastle to Aberdeen and win 5-1, even if it is a Pre Season friendly it is an amazing result. Especially for us. Both teams had relatively full strength squads out, the only person missing from the Newcastle team was Tiote who was on the bench.

Macclesfield 0-2 Newcastle

Manager's Comments - Delighted with the youngsters today. A well earned 2-0 win for them against strong opposition for them and they prevailed well deserved winners of this game. This was the final game of our Pre Season. Our next game was against Wolves at St James' in the Premier League.
Adjei (30), Henderson (40)

View attachment 141480

Transfer News

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Tom Hateley from Motherwell for a reported £800,000 and Bonaventure Kalou on a Free Transfer. Tom Hateley was signed immediately after Newcastle returned from there Pre Season tour of Scotland. Our sources believed that Newcastle manager Steven Dodds sent a scout out to watch him whilst they were up in Scotland. Kalou signed on a Free after Newcastle the Newcastle assistant recommended him to Dodds. Dodds then offered him a trial and he impressed so he signed him up for £5,000 p/w

images

Sorry about the final score against Macclesfield, screwed it up a little bit