jammy73

Reaction score

The aim of the story is to introduce a relatively inexperienced but young and hungry George Graham as Arsenal manager...to impose his philosophy,restore faith with the supporters,get back to at least COMPETING for the title and breathe life into a vastly underperforming team.
My goals will be this:

1:The obvious one-win a trophy,any trophy!
George knew the squad he had could never compete for the title while he went about rebuilding the team,so he set out to win a cup;preferably the FA Cup which he couldn't,or the League Cup,which he did,thus appeasing the board,the players and most importantly,the fans,and installed a competitive Arsenal mentality for years to come.

2:To clear out the dross. Arsenal have several first-team players not fit to wear the shirt and all of them are on ridiculous wages of 50/60k or more.
Players I hope to make even a small profit on and clear off the wage bill are Diaby,Arshavin,Mertersacker,Chamakh,Fabianski, Gervinho,Bentdner,Denilson,Frimpong,Sanchez Watt and Djourou.

Players leaving even on a free if need be are Squillacci,Santos,Park,Shea,Eastmond and Mannone

I'll give a chance to young reserve players like Henderson,Afobe,Ebecillo,Gnabry,Coquelin,Martinez,Angha, and Miquel when I think the time is right and I'll keep hold of Rosicky till his contract runs out because he weighs in with a good few assists and he's also a good captain for cup games,despite the distressing regularity with which he drops on his **** injured ten times a season.

3:To build from the back.
Wenger would never have enjoyed the success of his early reign without the Iron Curtain that Graham built so top of the shopping-list will be a first choice keeper,at least one world-class centre back,a left-back and an outstanding ball-winning midfielder/anchor-man.
Two players Graham would have bent over backwards to sign are both Everton players:Baines and Fellaini and both should be easy to snap up going on previous saves.

4: 442 will be the main formation at the Emirates,with aggressive man-marking,running at defenders and constant pressing the name of the game.
Giroud and Podolski will be the main strike-partnership with Walcott as sub/cover.Also,players will stick to their natural positions,except for emergencies,so Podolski and Theo's days on the wing and Arteta's as DM are over.

5:To present a benign,fatherly figure to the press,but behind closed doors it'll be Graham,spelt B-A-S-T-A-R-D!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 319520

WENGER OUT-GRAHAM IN!

Supporters flooded message boards today after Arsenal football club confirmed reports that Arsene Wenger had stepped down as manager with immediate effect.
Arsenal's chairman Peter Hill-Wood was quick to quash rumours that the flamboyant Frenchman would be replaced by current Real Madrid supremo Jose Mourinho.
Said Hill-Wood:"Mourinho is under contract at Madrid and it is not in this football club's best interests to pursue another clubs manager.
"Therefore,we have decided to look to a former Arsenal player,and bought out George Graham's contract from Millwall.
We are sure Graham will be the right man in moving this club forward."

George Graham's first press conference as Arsenal manager will follow soon.

Last edited:

View attachment 319911
PRESS CONFERENCE

JOURNALIST

Good morning,Mr Graham,let's get things started. Supporter opinion appears to be mixed over your appointment. Can you see yourself emulating the former managers success and how will you go about winning over the fans?

GEORGE GRAHAM

First and foremost is to get Arsenal back to where they should be: competing for the title.It may not be this season but I ask the fans to give myself and the players time to build a passionate,competitive team worthy of Arsenal Football Club.

JOURNALIST

Reports are that you have been given a hefty transfer budget to spend. Do you have any particular targets in mind and which areas of the team do you feel need strengthening?

GEORGE GRAHAM

There are many areas that need strengthening.The immediate goal is to rebuild the spine of the team starting with the goalkeeper and the back four.I'll not be naming any names but we do have several players on our radar that we'll be looking to bring in very soon.

JOURNALIST

How do you see the set-up at Arsenal? Will you be making any drastic changes?

GEORGE GRAHAM

I'll be clearing out the dead-wood

JOURNALIST

Several Millwall players complained that you could be a hard task-master,nick-naming you "The Ayatollah".
Do you forsee any problems with the highly-paid international stars that you'll be working with as Arsenal boss?

GEORGE GRAHAM​

No comment

This press conference has been concluded

Last edited:
Lets start with the transfers. Don't shoot me but I upped the budget to 70m in the editor because the notion that Arsenal have no money to spend and have to sell to survive is frankly laughable.
The main aim is not to free up funds but to get rid of the dross and the mediocre that clogs up the wage bill.
Frimpong on 15/20 grand a week? Do me a favour.

Last edited:
PLAYERS OUT

Mertersacker-Bayern 10m =... Arshavin-Everton 1.5m....Squillacci-Fulham 1m
Denilson-Fulham 1m...Fabianski-Newcastle-1m ...Mannone-Millwall-250k
Sanchez Watt-Huddersfield 300k....Gervinho,Chamakh and Bentdner all to PSG for a sweet 22.8m.
Djourou-Anji 5m...Eastmond-Brentford 95k

Shea,Boateng,Fagan free transfers.

Park,Diaby,Santos all on loan for 90-100% wages.

PLAYERS IN

Bould 'demoted' and Keown promoted to concentrate on defence.Bergkamp appointed as assistant manager. Wilshire named captain;Vermaelen vice captain.

Stekelenberg 12.5m.............Bonucci 22m to partner Vermaelen
Fellaini-22m...................Flamini-1.8m
Hector Moreno-15m ...........Camacho as anchor man-9.5m.
Got Baines just before the window shut but Everton robbed me on 21m!
View attachment 319917 View attachment 319920 View attachment 319918 View attachment 319919View attachment 319921

Bakkali-660k and Mason Bennett-1.8 m from Derby and also splashed out on a player I'd love to see in an Arsenal shirt:-Andi Weimann,10.25m from Villa

Last edited:
PRE-SEASON

View attachment 319736

Done my bit for the community by thrashing a few local teams;Giroud getting 4 goals on his debut against the mighty Kentish Town,before tougher matches home and away to gel and test the team.Sweet results against New York,Anderlecht and Madrid.
Also,cut links with most of the useless affilliated clubs and set Brentford as a feeder team.

Last edited:
AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

View attachment 319741

Opening game is a dire 0-0 home draw with West Ham where The Verminator gets his marching orders for a second yellow,followed by more positive results against West Brom and Liverpool.
Another dire 0-0 against Montpellier in the opening Champions league match and an excellent 1-1 away to City where Wilshire opens the scoring with an outstanding run from the half-way line.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 319743

Goals:3-Named Sep young player of the month

POSITION 4th

Giroud nets a hat-trick in a superb away win against Schalke,and scores the winner in the other CL game away to Celtic making qualification likely.
Good wins against QPR and Swansea put us top.

PLAYER OF THE MONTH

View attachment 319746

Goals-4

Last edited:
The big one-Spurs away. Fellaini makes himself a hero by netting the equalizer.
Yet another 0-0 with Montpellier but a 2-1 win against Celtic ensures qualification.
Good 2-1 vs Chelsea and an important away victory over Everton keep us top.

POTM
View attachment 319748
Leonardo Bonucci

Last edited:
Last edited:
Bit of a hit and miss start to the new year with a 6-0 home win over West Brom,3 draws in the league and an embarrasing 1-0 FA Cup exit to Peterborough.Excellent away win over Sunderland keeps us 1st.

Far better was the 2-0 away win against Southampton in the first leg of the capital one quarter final.
Wrapped it up with a 7-1 win at The Emirates. Handed debuts to Martinez in goal and Zakaria Bakkali who came on as a late sub and scored a hat-trick!

No players out in the jan transfer window but brought in Micah Richards for 10.5m who will be replacing Sagna come the summer.

3 goals for the month and a MOTM performance to hold Liverpool to 0-0 after Fellaini got his marching orders.Bonucci and Vermaelen splitting it for player of the season so far

Last edited:
MARCH

3 straight league wins,including 2-1 over Spurs and a 2-0 2nd leg victory against Benfica puts us through to the quarter-finals.

POTM

A mix of good and bad this month with an aggregate 1-0 win over PSG setting up a semi-final vs Bayern.
Wilshire scores the only goal of the game but is suspended for the next leg along with Fellaini.
Walcott,Vermaelen and Arteta are all injured so i expect a thrashing which we duly receive.

Flamini scores his only goal this season in a crucial 1-0 away victory over Chelsea,but late goals from Rooney and Van Persie at old trafford see Arsenal only 6 points clear of Man u with 3 games to play.

The lack of pace on the wings is starting to show,especialy in the 2 PSG games,so 2 nippy wingers are the priority for next season.

Goals-4

Last edited:
MAY

Back to back 4-0 wins against Wigan and Stoke ensure Arsenal win the title. A poor 0-0 away to Southampton proves to be the only flyshit in the sugar. Outstanding Captains performance by Wilshire against Wigan with 2 first half goals and a MOTM eases the pressure for the two remaining games.

POTM

View attachment 320258
Goals-4

Last edited:
THE SEASON ENDS

View attachment 320259View attachment 320260View attachment 320261

PLAYER OF THE SEASON

View attachment 320262

15 Goals/6 Assists/Av.Rating 7.42
English Player's Player 2012
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Place

View attachment 320263

5 Goals Av.Rating 7.80
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Place

View attachment 320264

9 Goals Av.Rating 7.65

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON

View attachment 320265
Goals 16/4 Assists/Av.Rating 7.28

2nd Place

View attachment 320266
14 Goals/7 Assists/Av.Rating 7.86
Premier League Signing of The Season

3rd Place
View attachment 320267
2 Goals/6 Assists/Av.Rating 7.24

TEAM OF THE SEASON

Stekelenberg,Sagna,Baines,Bonucci,Vermaelen, Wilshire,Cazorla,Arteta,Fellaini,Giroud,Walcott.
Subs:Szczesney,Moreno,Ramsey,Flamini,Camacho, Podolski,Weimann
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOP GOALSCORERS

Walcott-16,Giroud-15,Wilshire-15,Weimann-14,Podolski-13.

Last edited:
Apart from the 4th round Fa Cup exit to Peterboro' it was quite a phenomenal first season for St. George.
The back five,Captain Jack,Fellaini ,Camacho,Arteta and Flamini shouldered most of the burden in those huge away games where at least a draw was crucial and the strikeforce of Giroud,Walcott,Pod and Weimann ensured that we scored when it mattered,securing several impressive victories home and on the road.

Again,however,the lack of pace on the wings,especially in the latter part of the season when fatigue set in was obvious.
I resisted playing Podolski and Walcott on the wing because A) They cant cross the ball and B) I dont want them to end up like Arshavin did by constantly playing them out of their natural position.

Three to look at for next season are James McClean(Graham would have loved him on the left) who CAN cross the ball,is a natural winger and should be available for peanuts since Sunderland got relegated; Belhandha of Montpellier and the big one:-Gareth Bale who always seems to get transferred 2nd season. That one would be difficult for several reasons.

That hammering by Bayern proved I need two pacy wingers who can cross the ball;-Ribery and Robben running down the flanks gave me nightmares.

The squad is currently very good but Rocky is definitley on his last legs and Giroud's form dropped alarmingly towards the end;his last goal came in March in the win against Spurs. Lewandowski is at Man U,so the obvious and far more expensive target is Goal-Machine Cavani.
Also I'll probably sell Sagna since I now have Richards and Jenkinson for right-back;Koscielny if I get a good offer and Monreal was pretty dissapointing so either him or injury-prone Gibbs will be out if the price is right.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a pretty good story!
I'll be following this. :)

Really good read! Brilliant key signings made, will definitely be following this, would love to see you sign Nathan Dyer for the pace, he cant really cross though...