germaine's possession tactic [work in progress]

germainelol

Reaction score
So I played with several Barca/Bayern/whatever tactics in FM 13. Initially I was struggling with FM 14 to create something similar because of the lack of sliders which can be important with possession tactics.....FM seems to think a slow build up and pressing, means you don't want your players to ever try and score.

I've tried my tactic with Barca (of course), Bayern, Bilbao and soon I'll try Swansea or someone in the premier league anyway.

I'm not sure if I've been incredibly lucky with my fixtures or results, but for example my Barca results for the first couple of months were as follows:

View attachment 458849

And here's the tactic:

View attachment 458848View attachment 458847View attachment 458846

So I started out trying to use a simple 4-3-3 and ended up with this, it's kind of what Bayern have played like for the past few games under Pep. A 4-1-4-1 / 4-3-3 however you want to look at it, but the element similar to Bayern is that I've made the WB's play narrow and cut inside to give the CM's more passing options.

But anyway, I would like some criticism of the tactic, or if you could try it out and tell me what to improve that would also be great. By no means am I saying this is a great tactic, it's working for me with the "perfect" teams for it, so if anyone could help me to improve the tactic then I'd be very thankful!

Look forward to any help from any of you!

View attachment 458845

Last edited:
Not sure what happened with some of those screenshots but fortunately it doesn't miss out anything important!

Opposition instructions and training?

As with any possession based tactic, ball control, teamwork, tactics (until familiar) etc. So nothing special really, as for opposition instructions I've been testing it with either no instructions, or just for the wingers to mark their fullbacks and the wing backs to mark their wingers, and thats about it.