iArsenal

Reaction score
View attachment 293345

I have decided to start a career thread on here and have decided to choose Borussia Dortmund. They are my favorite German club and they have some very exciting young players. Mario Gotze and Marco Reus are two of the most exciting attacking players in the world and I hope they will be important players for my Dortmund side.

Aims:

• [*=center]Concentrate on Young players
    [*=center]Win the Bundesliga
    [*=center]Win the Champions League
    [*=center]Sell any player over 30 (except first season)
    [*=center]Eventually have an entire German first XI
For the first season I don't have a huge transfer budget just 2.9m. My aims are getting a back up right back for Lukasz Piszczek. I am also thinking about getting another defensive midfielder as our club captain Sebastian Kehl is 32 years of age and entering the final year of his contract.​

good luck..i may go with schalke as i always gravitate towards them on fm

I too will be following this.
started with Dortmund as well, Finished my first season yesterday. Runners up in the Bundesliga, finished my Champions league group third and reached the Europa League finals wer i lost against Tottenham on Penalties and Comfortably won the German Cup. Had to face Bayern, Schalke , Leverkusen and Gladbach in the German Cup.

Thanks guys I will probably have an update later today after work. What signings did you make the first season KaiRooney?

Some Advices if you need, 1.selll Sebastien Kehl. there will be bids around 4 to 5m Euros. 2.) Get Ruben Yyetergard Jenssenfor around 1.2m Euros. 3. Get Either of Wellington Nem or Anderson (usually available for 5m). 4. Extend Contracts of Subotic and Lewandowski ASAP

I have not been able to sell Kehl so far, had a bid accepted for 4m from Hoffenheim but he rejected their contract. I don't think I will need Wellington Nem though and I have extended Subotic contract so far.

View attachment 293661

Staff Changes

View attachment 293663

First thing I have done was went through all of my scouts and released them all as they were not very good. I brought in some better scouts and all of them are based in Germany which is how I intend to find young German players to be the foundation of my team for the next 10 years. I also got rid of my assistant coach and replaced him with legendary Johan Cruijff. I also added legendary striker Gerd Muller to my coaching staff.

I am still working on transfers and honestly with such a low budget I am easily being priced out of players that I definitely would like to sign. It looks like I won't be spending much during the first transfer window I might have to wait until January to sign the players I was looking for.​

View attachment 293808

Pre Season / August 2012

Defeated Bayern Munich in German SuperCup
Haven't conceded a goal yet
7 goals against lower league in the German Cup
Champions League sees us face Barcelona

Transfers:
View attachment 293815

We were not that active in the transfer market and we will really only signed one player as back up in defense. Siaka Tiene comes in to back up Marcel Schmelzer. As for the players we sold they were all fringe players whose contracts were expiring at the end of the season. I was a bit unhappy I couldn't offload Sebastian Kehl but oh well I guess he will leave on a free.

German SuperCup
FC Bayern
0 - 2 Borussia Dortmund
Lewandowski (12), Shieber (50)

A good start to the season as we defeated Bayern Munich in the SuperCup. Lewandowski was injured in it and will be out 3-4 weeks but Julian Shieber proved he can be a great replacement as he doubled our lead on 50 minutes.

German Cup 1st Round
VfB Neckarrems 0 - 7 Borussia Dortmund
Subotic (4), Leitner (8),
Großkreutz (25,85), Shieber (35), Gotze (40), Fischer OG (44)

Perhaps I didn't need to field such a strong starting 11 but I decided I wanted to see how well my first 11 can play and they didn't disappoint. It probably could easily have been more but I am very satisfied with that.

Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 4 - 0
Nurnberg
Gotze (8), Großkreutz (18), Shieber (21), Lewandowski (89)

Well our first league match and we still haven't conceded a goal. I don't know what more to say. Our team is gelling so well together and Lewandowski marked his return from injury by scoring as a substitute.

Champions League Group
View attachment 293819

We have been drawn in Group H alongside Barcelona, Ajax and Panathinaikos. I definitely fancy our chances to get out of the group stage and I am definitely looking forward to the ties against Barcelona.

League Table:
View attachment 293821

Enjoying my BVB save aswelll... im on 2016 and Mario Gotze is the best player on the game as far as im concerned. After 27 games this season in all competitions his average rating is 8.23. 21 goals and 20 assists. i signed dzagoev for free in january, Azpilicueta for 3 million. i retrained piszczek to LB to cover for schelmzer. i suggest you give perisic some games aswell. he turns out to be a very reliable and consistent player.

I am just going to start a BVB save myself now, will be following this one and hopefully be able to create a full german side within 4/5 seasons through the youth adademy and other german academys

View attachment 294001

September 2012

Still unbeaten in the league
Sebastian Kehl is the most injury prone player ever
Ajax destroyed in the Champions League

Bundesliga
Augsburg 1 - 4 Borussia Dortmund
Santana (54), Schieber (66), Schmelzer (86), Großkreutz (89)

A routine 4-1 win over a team that is tipped for relegation this season. My only worry is we conceded the first goal.

Bundesliga
Dusseldorf 0 - 4 Borussia Dortmund
Schieber (23),
Großkreutz (32), Bender (63), Lewandowski (81)

A good win for us and it is good to see both our strikers getting on the scoresheet.

UEFA Champions League Matchday 1
Borussia Dortmund 5 - 1 Ajax
Hummels (24 pen), Gotze (37), Schieber (40), Reus (45,90)

A great way to start life in the Champions League as we destroyed the Dutch champions. Barcelona defeated Panathinaikos 4-0 as well so it looks like we are well on our way to getting into the knockout rounds.

Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 3 - 2 Gladbach
Subotic (12),
Großkreutz (18), Reus (49)

A couple of tricky fixtures coming up in the coming weeks and our first was against Gladbach. We picked up a narrow win and kept our perfect start to the season.

Bundesliga
Wolfsburg 0 - 0 Borussia Dortmund

A bore draw. We looked like we were the better team but we just couldn't convert our chances.

Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 4 - 1 Werder Bremen
Schieber (36,88)
Großkreutz (56), Bender (63)

This game was all about the injuries. I had to use all of my subs within the first half hour of the match. Gotze went off injured, along with Sebastian Kehl and Neven Subotic. In the end we persevered after they went a man down and cruised.

Player of the Month:

View attachment 294006

League Table:

View attachment 294008

Chris Lowe? I sold him in the transfer window. Might not be able to update much today I have work then out with friends and family for christmas festivities. Expect much more action tomorrow. Would love all the replies!

I regret selling scheiber after three seasons. He didnt impress me in the 1st season or the 2nd. Loaned him out in the 3rd season and hes form was still average. I sold him to Frankfurt and now he is consistently scoring for them. He put two in against me.:'(

Honestly when I first started this I was quite upset that most of my transfer budget went towards signing him. I feel like I could have gotten a better back up striker for less but after how he has started I have no problems. He is even keeping Lewandowski out of the starting 11.

View attachment 294288

October 2012

Injury crisis hits Dortmund
Barcelona defeat us in UCL
Adopted a 4-6-0 due to injuries
Victory over Nurnburg in the German Cup

Champions Group Stage Matchday 2
Panathinaikos 1 - 1 Borussia Dortmund
Christodoulpoulos OG (74)

Normally I would say that going to Greece was always going to be tough but we really need to be winning these matches. There was no excuse for these dropped points and with back to back matches against Barcelona we needed to win.

Bundesliga
Mainz 1 - 0 Borussia Dortmund

Another horrible result and our first loss of the season as well. Atleast we have an international break to regroup.

Bundesliga
Borussia Dortmund 3 - 0 Vfb Stuttgart
Reus (11), Schieber (18), Benkarit (85)

Well this was a nice win but due to injuries to Lewandowski on the international break and Schieber in this match we are down to our reserve striker in Said Benkarit. He did give us some hope as he snatched a late goal but I don't think he will make much of an impact in the big matches.

Champions League Group Stage Matchday 3
Barcelona 1 - 0 Borussia Dortmund

Well I must say this wasn't the worst result to take. Before the match I adopted a 4-6-0 formation because I didn't have complete faith in my 3rd string striker.

Bundesliga
Frankfurt 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmund
Gundogan (60),
Großkreutz (79)

A tough win for us but we did use the 4-6-0 which our players are not familiar with but we still managed to get the result.

German Cup 2nd Round
Borussia Dortmund 2 - 1 Nurnburg
Reus (20,54)

We move through to the next round over Bundesliga opponents. A nice win and Marco Reus is showing his scoring prowess.

Player of the Month:
View attachment 294289

League Table:

View attachment 294290

Would like to see a SS from your tactic mate please..
Keep up the good work. BDortmund has one of the strongest teams in Europe. Maybe with a little lack of depth to some players but is very strong.. Following :)

Chris Lowe? I sold him in the transfer window. Might not be able to update much today I have work then out with friends and family for christmas festivities. Expect much more action tomorrow. Would love all the replies!

:(. Buy him back; he's fantastic.