German Lower Leagues - Down to 7th tier

Tharros

Reaction score
I will be creating a German DB. My aim is to eventually have the first 7 tiers of the German football pyramid mirrored as closely as the game allows. I will also add more cups, as in the default DB there is only the DFB Pokal. Other things may need changing as well - such as team colours that are wrong, teams in wrong leagues ect.

I have done some research and the Pyramid should look like this (correct me if I'm wrong). I have taken into consideration the limitations of the editor - ie. you can't have sub-divisions within sub-divisions (well you couldn't in FM10 anyway). Here is the preliminary structure down to the 5th tier:

Bundesliga
2. Bundesliga
3. Liga
Regionalliga

Three regional subdivisions (North, South and West)
Oberliga
Eleven regional subdivisions

Hopefully I will have down to the 5th tier working sometime on the weekend. Expect a release around then. I am doing this because I enjoy LLM in Germany and the team I always use, RW Essen is in the 5th tier.

Edit: Does anyone know the maximum amount leagues you can have within a sub-division? Because the amount of leagues in each tier seems to approximately triple as you go down each level. For example, the sixth tier would have 33 leagues and the seventh would have 93 leagues. I don't know how that is going to work... lol
I may have to stop at the 6th tier depending upon editor limitations.

Edit 2 : Download link ;)
German DB Download

Last edited:
Good Luck mate, will look forward to this with anticipatin

good luck with this mate, looks very nice :)

I made Germany to level 8 last year, however it wasn't exact. Good luck ;)

Good Luck, would be interested if it gets completed :)

As i wanted to play with Essen like you i planned to do it myself actually. But GL and yes: its correct ;) you may check the wikipedia page out. Its described there. I would've stopped after the 5th or 6th tier like you, because it will be just too much as you'd have to create Teams too.

that sounds great! great project. i think my knowledge about german football is good only down to the regionalliga - but if you need some help let me know.
grüße from down under

Thanks guys! I will try my best ;)

I made Germany to level 8 last year, however it wasn't exact. Good luck ;)

How did you deal with the issue I mentioned about leagues in subdivisions? Do you know what the limit was in FM10 (I'm assuming the same limit will apply in FM11)? Or did you do it differently?

I'm not quite sure actually. I think that you can have as many as you like.

However as I said I didn't make it exact, and I think that I juust put the highest rep clubs in about 20 sub divisions. I was lazy, and didn't know much about german football anyway. All I could use were google :'(

If you have questions about German Football feel free to ask^^

I'm not quite sure actually. I think that you can have as many as you like.

However as I said I didn't make it exact, and I think that I juust put the highest rep clubs in about 20 sub divisions. I was lazy, and didn't know much about german football anyway. All I could use were google :'(
Well, I guess I will find out when I make it :D
If you have questions about German Football feel free to ask^^
Thanks. Will do ;)

Edit: Well, my copy of FM11 arrived so I have been working on this a bit today. The promotion from the 5th to 4th tier is problematic because of the 11 leagues and the way the editor works. I may have to add one to get it to work a bit better - that or use a playoff cup to decide who is promoted. Either way is not very realistic... :S

Edit2: I won't have much time for editing, or anything to do with FM, over the next week due to a ton of stuff being due for Uni. :mad:
So I probably won't be able to release anything until next weekend. I am eager to start my RW Essen game! :D

Last edited:
Ok I have been working a bit on the German DB over the past 2 days and the 4th and 5th tiers are now fully functional with corrected teams ect.

German DB Download

I did have to make a compromise when making the 5th tier however. The 11 leagues where causing me a headache in regards to promotions and relegations. So I have condensed three of those leagues that, in real life do a set of playoffs to decide promotions, into one league. So now there are 9 leagues in the 5th tier. A much nicer number. :D

Edit: Ok I have started to add the 6th tier. This is going to take a while. Half the real teams don't exist so I have to create them, which means research ect. That is a lot of teams considering that there are going to be 27 divisions each with 16 to 24 teams...
I don't think I will go down to the 7th tier. There just isn't enough information. Besides, the time required to make that tier would be measured in decades. I don't think the editor would support that many sub divisions anyway. :p

Last edited:
Hi guys ! This update doesn't work. Maybe because i've download the patch 11.2, I don't know. I have a little "l" next to "Germany" when i choose the country i want to play with. oO)

Hope someone can help me. (H)

I need this but for FM10.....Someone help?

There's a few DB out there for FM 2010.
I played with this one, but it only goes on to tier 5 and has certain limitations (notably, lower league teams don't have or ever will have reserve teams).

Anyway, for this kind of thing, it's always a good idea to look on German sites, I know there is at least one really extensive DB out there from meistertrainer.de, although I haven't played with it.

On that note, and not trying to take away from your work Tharros, there is also a new DB out here that uses the advanced panel to create the German leagues down to tier 5.
(The site is German, but just browse through the post for the latest filefront link)
That includes the rather confusing sub-divisional play-offs in tier 5, regional cups that allow lower teams to qualify for the DFB Pokal and a working youth league structure with U-19 Bundesliga and Regional Divisions.

Anyway, as I said, I don't want to take away from all the work you did by posting a "rival" database here, I just thought you might be interested in checking it out and see if there's anything to their approach that you might want to include in your own work.
Advanced panel is certainly a lot more complicated and time consuming to include (as I can attest but it seems to be the way to go if accuracy is what you are after.

Last edited:
@ Micky Pain - I have actually stopped work on my DB beacuse of that one and I was about to suggest it here ;)

I'm using the beta right now and can't wait for their full release. I don't think my DB could every be as good as that as I don't know enough German to do all the research ect.

Yeah, I can't imagine how much work it is to create the whole thing....

I worked off from an earlier Beta version and added my own Tier 6 (only the three leagues directly underneath the Bavarian Division so I have a place for my reserves) and just adding that handful of clubs/towns/stadiums and testing it all took forever.....

Currently restarting for the 5th time or so (got overexcited and skipped long-term testing....), and so far it all works perfectly so fingers crossed that I can soon re-live (and re-write) last years glorious Bayreuth rise to European dominance....

Last edited:
Did this work also for Update 11.3?
And which leagues are in this "update" up to 6th tier?
Thanks in Advance