xizoq

Reaction score
Germany - Austraila

How will the match end ?

I'll say Germany they are in superb form 24-0 over San Marino

Germany 4-0 Australia

I'll say Germany they are in superb form 24-0 over San Marino
Yeah quality opposition there! :S

As an Aussie I'm being cautiously optimistic. Physicality, organisation and defense are our strengths and I think we should be able to hold out for a nil all draw.

IMO Germany underestimates Australia. We are not bad at set pieces and decent on the counter. We have a strong defense that can certainly frustrate the Germans like we did against Brazil in 2006 - we still lost 2-0 but a performance like that and we should get the draw.

Last edited:

As an Aussie I'm being cautiously optimistic. Physicality, organisation and defense are our strengths and I think we should be able to hold out for a nil all draw.

IMO Germany underestimates Australia. We are not bad at set pieces and decent on the counter. We have a strong defense that can certainly frustrate the Germans like we did against Brazil in 2006 - we still lost 2-0 but a performance like that and we should get the draw.

Not an Aussie myself, but I completely agree. I think Australia can turn a few heads in this one. They certainly aren't a bad team on their day.

Yeah as am Aussie i think we can be half confident of getting the draw. If we perform like we did vs Italy and this time round not give away any last minute penalties :'( I think we can draw

I say 0-0! :O

2-1 Germany, and I reckon it will be one of the best games played yet.

Germany is young and fast and has some great talent, but Australia also has some very good players, and have proved lately that they are much more than cannon-fodder on the international stage.

I forgot -we also manager a draw against Holland pretty recently so I think we are up to the task defensively.

But Marin and Ozil definitely have the potential to cause some problems. Wilkshire and Chipperfield will have to be on there game. I think Ozil will play more of a free role and come down his natural left side.

IMO stiker is a bit of a problem for Germany. Kuryani should have been in the squad - regardless of the internal circumstances. Simple as that. Gomez and Klose have hardly played this season. Cacau is the real threat up front.

I forgot -we also manager a draw against Holland pretty recently so I think we are up to the task defensively.

But Marin and Ozil definitely have the potential to cause some problems. Wilkshire and Chipperfield will have to be on there game. I think Ozil will play more of a free role and come down his natural left side.

IMO stiker is a bit of a problem for Germany. Kuryani should have been in the squad - regardless of the internal circumstances. Simple as that. Gomez and Klose have hardly played this season. Cacau is the real threat up front.

Yeah I was at that Holland game (supporting both teams ;)) and we only just managed that draw, we were fairly lucky, but thats what we will have to be tonight/tomorrow morning. Yeah I think Ozil will drift left and Marin will drift a little to the left aswell, which will open up the middle for Culina. Yeah Cacau should be fairly easy to shut down, he only had a few good games in the Bundesliga of what I saw, so idk :S.

hasnt been many goals this tournament so i will go 2-1 germany

2-0 to the germans. But it won't be pretty or convincing. The Germans are talking/acting like they've already won and the Aussies are renowned for scrapping and fighting against the odds. The Germans will be pushed. I also have a bad feeling Grella will launch a dreadful tackle and get himself sent off. Also looking forward to seeing Schweinsteiger's lady in her HD glory

I hope it's got lots of goals, I don't really mind who wins but I'll support Australia for a bit of fun.

Hoping that Australia take something from this game, but I can't see it.

Then again, I thought England would win 3 - 0 against the USA, so...

Germany 2-1 Australia.

I think Germany will be too strong for Australia, but the Aussies won't go down without a fight.

could be and upset here, Germany are normally slow starters, that and the fact they may underestimate Australia, Australia could nick a win.
Although I do think Germany will end up in the Semis/Final possible winners.