Oh come on,the team they were playing against where a pile of *****.
Be fair, they were very impressive and australia are not a bunch of amateurs.<)

Easily the best performance by any team so far. Could have been about 6 if they had taken some other chances.

Well played to Germany. Best performance we've seen so far in the competition.

Hopefully that performance and goal rush opens up to floodgates and we see more and more goals after a slow start.

This is how I would have liked England to play. Very good performance especially from Ozil, great vision.

Oh alright then, lets ignore Germany's quality because they were playing a ****** team.
Im just saying dont be fooled by one game. Remember Argentina in the last World cup. Had people drooling in the groups,knocked out in the first knock out stage on pens.

True, you got a point there. But Germany IS a great team, plays great football and have a great balance of strong/pacey players. Its a bigger candidate to winning the WC than England imo

True, you got a point there. But Germany IS a great team, plays great football and have a great balance of strong/pacey players. Its a bigger candidate to winning the WC than England imo
The Germans are one of the best teams out there at destroying poor sides. England would probably of limped to a 1-0 win.

Oh come on,the team they were playing against where a pile of *****.

I'd say they're on a par with the USA. A clinical performance from Germany, they could/should have been able to score more. Özil looks quality.

As a guy from Germany (oh snap, don't shoot me) I never was a big fan of this national team but this was really impressive. I won't jump on the bandwagon as Australia actually was pretty bad tonight (I expected them much stronger) but I guess that first goal already killed everything.

I don't rate Gomez, he is nowhere near as good as Klose or Podolski when it comes to country form. He was pretty poor in Euro 2008 (from what I can remember) considering all the hype about him.

Good, efficient performance from Germany though. Passed the ball well and they always looked pretty dangerous. Lahm played really well I thought and is always willing to run down the wing, seems to have a limitless supply of energy.

Cahill's red card was harsh and it will probably hurt Australia quite a lot seeing as he is a key player.

Happy with my teams performance though :D!.

I'd say they're on a par with the USA

Are you joking?

The USA have much better players and they aren't all past their best.

Australia are really really poor.

To compare them to the USA shows a lack of knowlage about football tbh.

I'd say they're on a par with the USA. A clinical performance from Germany, they could/should have been able to score more. Özil looks quality.
USA are better than Australia,you only needed to watch the confederations cup to realise that.

USA are better than Australia,you only needed to watch the confederations cup to realise that.

Unfortunately I missed it. My bad, looking at the team sheets for both sides I'm reconsidering my statement... Apologies :)

Well Pim got it wrong and for a defensive non risk taking coach he took a massive risk. We have been using a 4-2-3-1 almost exclusively since he came in and what does he do? Fields basically what was a 4-6-0 with Cahill leading the line. He is not a striker. His strength is late runs into the box from midfield. The defensive line was too high, we weren't closing down aggressively enough - I mean what is the point of all that fitness training and getting to SA early if you don't use it?

We should have had a penalty for handball when we where 2-nil down. Cahill's tackle was never a red card - and now we lose him for the Ghana match. Gah!

:'(

So far the best performance in this world cup. Well-spotted dives and yellow cards for Özil and Cacau, they looked like fouls at all but one angle and the ref luckily saw that one. Although Cahill's red might be a bit harsh.

And wellpredicted by the starter of this thread.

Germans were clinical as ever! Australia were not as strong as I was expecting them to be, especially after they went down to 10 men (which should probably only of been a yellow)
Going to be tough side to beat if they can keep that form up....

So far the best performance in this world cup. Well-spotted dives and yellow cards for Özil and Cacau, they looked like fouls at all but one angle and the ref luckily saw that one. Although Cahill's red might be a bit harsh.

And wellpredicted by the starter of this thread.

agree about the first yellow for Ozil but Cacau? I only saw it once but if he didn't jump that Australian player would have been on his knees