Germany captain Michael Ballack ruled out of World Cup

vishal

Reaction score
Germany captain Michael Ballack has been ruled out of the World Cup because of the ankle injury he sustained in Saturday's FA Cup final.
The 33-year-old Chelsea midfielder made his international debut in 1999 and appeared in the last two World Cups.
Ballack flew to Germany on Saturday for scans on the ankle, which revealed the problem to be serious enough for him to miss the entire finals in South Africa.

Courtesy : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8684774.stm

Aww I'm so sympathetic.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY! :p

Losing a captain is a blow.
Lets hope Rio pulls through

i still think Germany will be serious challengers in South Africa without Ballack

Poor bloke, don't think he will play another world cup either considering his age.

That ******* Boateng from Portsmouth is a *******....

Great news. With a bit of luck Klose will slip over getting on the plane to South Africa and get ruled out too.

Seriously though it was a bad tackle. Got to feel for the guy,and i would too if i wasnt English. (6)

I for one am rather happy, cant stand the bloke, hopefully he doesnt make anther euros or W/C. happy to see the back off him.

So who'll be captain now? My vote is for Schweinstiger[?]. A blow for Germany definately.

shame for any player to miss out, but hes spent a lot of his time commiting cynical fouls, and now he's been nobbled by one, meh

shame for any player to miss out, but hes spent a lot of his time commiting cynical fouls, and now he's been nobbled by one, meh

Agreed, I fell anyone whose a dirty ******* and gets injured should get no sympathy. Even if he misses theWorld Cup.

ha-ha-ha2.jpg

I don't use to feel like that, but **** him.

On the other hand, it could be good news for Mannschaft (Ballack's always losing finals, maybe now they win).

Boating made the tackle right? But I thought he was German? I could be wrong but I swear on FM it says he was born in Berlin :S

Trying to get a call-up much?

Boating made the tackle right? But I thought he was German? I could be wrong but I swear on FM it says he was born in Berlin :S

Trying to get a call-up much?

He was born in Germany, but he is going to the World Cup with Ghana as his dad was born there.

He represented Germany at Under 18 and Under 21 level, but felt he wouldn't get into the Germany team so he opted to play for Ghana.