Germany captain Michael Ballack ruled out of World Cup

He was born in Germany, but he is going to the World Cup with Ghana as his dad was born there.

He represented Germany at Under 18 and Under 21 level, but felt he wouldn't get into the Germany team so he opted to play for Ghana.

Ah right okay. What about his brother? Is he going to the World Cup with Germany or Ghana or neither?

His brother is jerome boateng, i think, who is going the world cup with germany as a defender.

I think ballack is supposed to be trying to sue or something. Reckons it was a deliberate attempt by boateng to injure him. Not too sure myself but it was a very poor tackle, easily could have been a red.

massive miss for germany and massive boost for whoever germany play in the wc. as a chelsea fan looking back on the tackle it was dreadfull but as now concentrating on england its good news.

I would have preferred Ballack be at the W.C.

He is/was a fantastic player and I'd personally prefer us to beat teams which have their best players playing.

His brother is jerome boateng, i think, who is going the world cup with germany as a defender.

I think ballack is supposed to be trying to sue or something. Reckons it was a deliberate attempt by boateng to injure him. Not too sure myself but it was a very poor tackle, easily could have been a red.

His brother Jerome is in the German squad, but has come under abuse from German fans after what his brother did to Ballack.

The German manager has had to assure the fans of [Jerome] Boateng's quality and is assuring that he will be excellent at the World Cup.