Reaction score
Hey there!

Im just wondering if there is a germany (player names/club names fix) fix somewhere yet?

Follow the instructions here:

[video=youtube;p8_WZIIIUfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_WZIIIUfo[/video]

It's pretty much same as previous versions and also remember, with each patch/update it's more than likely you'll need to repeat this procedure

Follow the instructions here:

[video=youtube;p8_WZIIIUfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8_WZIIIUfo[/video]

It's pretty much same as previous versions and also remember, with each patch/update it's more than likely you'll need to repeat this procedure

I have to start a new save for it to have worked right? :(

That means that every patch is going to mess up germany? Oh boy... Do they release many patches?

As an when required really. Like for example stability issues, freezing/lagging issues and of course the transfer updates. It's hard to judge to be honest

As an when required really. Like for example stability issues, freezing/lagging issues and of course the transfer updates. It's hard to judge to be honest

Yeah i hope its not to often because i like to be in germany. I noticed it didnt fix Schalke name, is there a fix for that?

Yeah i hope its not to often because i like to be in germany. I noticed it didnt fix Schalke name, is there a fix for that?

I'm honestly unsure as I don't have the game yet myself, but the best thing to do would try to have a look on the SI forums or other FM websites. There's normally fixes going around

You don't have to start a new save, just need to change the files when a new patch arrives.

I dont know what you mean, please teach me lol i dont wanna start a new save every patch :(

Read the first post of the thread in the link in my post. That will explain how to apply the changes to a save you've already started.

I dont know what you mean, please teach me lol i dont wanna start a new save every patch :(

The steps that you are going to do now to solve this "issue" will have to be repeated every time a new patch gets out and you continue your save. use the link in one of the posts above to learn the steps. Its pretty easy, just delete some files in a folder and replace them for other files.

If by any chance you don't see any "issues", like German NT continues with real players, you don't need to do nothing.

It's pretty easy, don't worry.

So i just did all of this and it kind of worked, the competition names are in there. But Schalke is still called Gelsenkirchen for me :/

And the fake germany national team is back now as well :(

Is there a way for me to just turn things back to default and start over?

Last edited:
Wtf is happening... I reinstalled the game and now no flags/logos/kits/faces nothing its all blank... Im not talking about the logos/kits/faces i had installed myself no im talking about the ones that come with the game at default...

View attachment 977368
View attachment 977369

Open Steam Library -> Right click FM 16 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Click "Verify integrity of game cache"

Should solve the problem. If it doesn't, delete your lnc and edt folders, remove the editor data folder, and do it again.

Finally, i have reinstalled the game, kits, logos, faces and did this name fix again and now everything seems to be like it should be. Not really sure what went wrong the first time i tried it probably a little minor mistake but whatever it works now and thats all that matters :)
As for the problem i had with the default logos/kits not showing, i just cleared the cache and it went back to normal :)

You don't have to restart your save in order to get them.
Just replace the files currently in 'Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1600>lnc' with this: FM 2016 Real Names Fix • FM Stories
Or if you already have it for 2015 you can copy it over to the 2016 file :)

The fixes should occur in the next international squad selection on your save

Last edited:
You don't have to restart your save in order to get them.
Just replace the files currently in 'Files>Steam>steamapps>common>Football Manager 2016>data>db>1600>lnc' with this: FM 2016 Real Names Fix • FM Stories
Or if you already have it for 2015 you can copy it over to the 2016 file :)

The fixes should occur in the next international squad selection on your save

Yeah i hope its that easy. I like being in the bundesliga and seeing Schalke going back to being called Gelsenkirchen after every patch would just ruin my experience with the game completely.