danieldoyle1

Reaction score
Finally i have cracked how to go the German National team. Basically i uploaded FM2011 through my steam account and couldnt find the folder people were telling me to delete.

Basically you need to download FMRTE in downloads section and open it up. Then load a fm game up with your desired leagues. Once loaded start without a club then save game. After saved, click windows button on keyboard and get the FMRTE page up and click load game on it. Once that is loaded enter Germany in search box and once got Germany up, click staff then right click Joachim Loew and click 'swap national team job' and enter your managers name and click enter. It will then come up telling you to save your game then load it back up again. Do this then come back on FMRTE and click the save button at the top of the FMRTE page. You can now close FMRTE and play your game as Germany.

You can also choose players that are in the squad already or swap them with the real German players.

Good effort but there is already a way how to do it floating around here somewhere.

I'll try to find it for you.

Man, i wish they had FMRTE for Mac, then i could do this

just delete the fake files and you can manage germany
even if you dont the real players are used

But what happens when the new update comes out? Is there anyway to prevent those files from installing as I've ruined previous saves after patching (can't stand not having 2 major national sides).

I'm too far into my current save to abandon it.

But what happens when the new update comes out? Is there anyway to prevent those files from installing as I've ruined previous saves after patching (can't stand not having 2 major national sides).

I'm too far into my current save to abandon it.
Just delete them again. But I am 99% sure that even if you patched, it would not change a current save if you had not deleted the fake files, and that it would only affect a new game.

Thanks guys i tried for ages but none of the files were coming up, anyway hope i win the world cup with Germany and get the Dortmund job. Happy days!!!

Just delete them again. But I am 99% sure that even if you patched, it would not change a current save if you had not deleted the fake files, and that it would only affect a new game.

Im afraid just that has happened twice with the last two patches.

Im afraid just that has happened twice with the last two patches.
Then just don't load the save until after you have deleted the files. Or use FMRTE as mentioned in the OP.

Another way would be to back up your save externally, so there is no way the patch/fake files can affect your save, and copy it back across after you have patched and deleted the fake files.

Last edited: