Germany Very Talented Squad or A Master Tactican

donkarlito

Reaction score
Now we must admit that the most impressive team in this world cup was Germany. I must admit I did think Germany were to young to challenge for a world cup final. But I have been thinking is Germany's success down to having a good talented team or has Joachim Löw got the formation correct and the tactics correct?

both, not only that its the result of good long term planning

yer have to agree with madsheep abit ov both, loew wasent a brilliant player in his day which brings up the conversation you dont have to be a great player to be a great manager. one thing i will add watch out for this side in 2 and 4 years time at the next tournements get your money on them now.

yer have to agree with madsheep abit ov both, loew wasent a brilliant player in his day which brings up the conversation you dont have to be a great player to be a great manager. one thing i will add watch out for this side in 2 and 4 years time at the next tournements get your money on them now.
Obviously great players dont make great managers, examples
Paul Ince
John Barnes
Nigel Spackman
Roy Keane

both, not only that its the result of good long term planning
This.
They have very talented players but Low played to their strengths, pace and counter attack and it worked. They will have to be watched in future. Shame for Klose that he couldn't beat the record but I'm glad Ronaldo kept it.

German players have always been great at playing efficient counter-attacking football. Loew is also great at what he does and has brought a modern twist to the old style of play -- first put into practice when he worked under Klinsmann. One thing the German's do better than anybody else is locate and accept their own weaknesses -- and then build a system that limits the use of them, but promotes everything they are great at.

Obviously great players dont make great managers, examples
Paul Ince
John Barnes
Nigel Spackman
Roy Keane

exacly and jose mourinho for that argument ov never good footballers into excellent coaches.

Joachim Loew was with the German team as an assistant to Klinsmann so he has been working with the players for a while so should know them fairly well. Clearly they are very talented players and I expect that they will reach the final of Euro 2012 and should be in the last 4 of the 2014 World Cup. So I guess the answer is both.

(I havent read that he is leaving and hope he stays with them for the reason above!)

I expect that they will reach the final of Euro 2012
Where they will be defeated by Scotland:p
I would expect him to stay after this World Cup.

the most important thing germany did was learn from their failures in 2004.

i should and that the three europeans team left in the world cup, all have particularly good structured aims from their FA's, good long term youth plans, place a lot of emphasis on the proper coaching of young players, and have achieved good success at youth international tournaments

I don't think he should be praised as much as he is, same with Hodgeson last year, either are hardly 'Master Tacticians'.

If you watch any of these players play for their clubs, they are still as disciplined as they are in the national sqaud. Therefore, i'd praise the various managers of the Bundersliga, who have forced discpline to their players, and I think its grown into the Germany sqaud, the most discplined and organized team at the current time.

I don't think he should be praised as much as he is, same with Hodgeson last year, either are hardly 'Master Tacticians'.

If you watch any of these players play for their clubs, they are still as disciplined as they are in the national sqaud. Therefore, i'd praise the various managers of the Bundersliga, who have forced discpline to their players, and I think its grown into the Germany sqaud, the most discplined and organized team at the current time.
Yes, but he has to get all the players to gel together before the tournament and get them playing his way.

Yes, but he has to get all the players to gel together before the tournament and get them playing his way.

Meh, they've been playing together for years, Mueller and Ozil I can understand need gelling, but then again, they both play in Germany with some members of the national team anyway.

Meh, they've been playing together for years, Mueller and Ozil I can understand need gelling, but then again, they both play in Germany with some members of the national team anyway.
it was klinnsmans and loew's work that shaped the very framework for this side, loew definitely deserves a lot of credit

Look at what happened to France, Italy and England -- surely Loew deserves credit?

Jerome Boateng and the keeper aswell (is it Neuer?) and most of the team was young playing against the best players in the world, and I don't think there are a large amount of players at the same clubs, a few from Bayern, Schalke, Werder Bremen, HSV, Hertha Berlin, so its not as if a lot of them are playing together each week.