Germany Very Talented Squad or A Master Tactican

Look at what happened to France, Italy and England -- surely Loew deserves credit?

Lack of discipline imo. But yes, he deserves a lot of credit.

I don't think he should be praised as much as he is, same with Hodgeson last year, either are hardly 'Master Tacticians'.

If you watch any of these players play for their clubs, they are still as disciplined as they are in the national sqaud. Therefore, i'd praise the various managers of the Bundersliga, who have forced discpline to their players, and I think its grown into the Germany sqaud, the most discplined and organized team at the current time.

Podolski scored more goals for Germany than his entire Bundesliga career. :S.

11 best is not always best 11. It requires lot of effort and thinking to exploit opponents weakness the way Germany did. They had young inexperiencd squad, Ozil, Khedira, Neuer, Boateng, Friedrich, Muller hardly had any experience with National teams let alone WC. Bastian Schweinsteiger used to play on wings in all major Tournaments. If you look at Germany, they are whole new team and not to forget they have missed their WC legend Ballack.

Hmm.

Loew has set his team up impressively well. However, it is reliant on very fast counter-attacking football. I think that his team would struggle to break down a team who also played 10 men behind the ball at all times. Where it's worked exceptionally well this world cup is against two teams who pushed on in spite of very evident defensive frailties (ie England and Argentina). Where it came unstuck is when the other team retains possession and doesn't provide silly opportunities for a counterattack.

Germany have a lot of potential but I'm still not sure that they will fulfill it in the way which is possible. The kind of football they play should, for players of their abilities, be a stepping stone on the way to achieving something similar to how Spain play. They're a long, long, long, long way behind at the moment and in any tournament where their work rate is impacted upon by the climate, then they will find it even harder against teams who just retain possession.

Then again, I'm a 'purist' who thinks AC Milan and Liverpool c.1987 - 89 were the two greatest teams to have played the modern game. And both were vulnerable to having an off day against teams who play like Germany have this world cup (yeah, Arsenal fans, I'm talking about your team of the time). Think Mourinho vs Ancelotti with pretty much the same players. Many ways to skin a cat - pragmatism vs purity. One thing about applying any German model here is that I doubt that England fans would be happy to see their idea of Ingurland being able to turn up and roll everyone over being shattered when the team starts playing that defensively against teams they consider their equals.

German players have always been great at playing efficient counter-attacking football. Loew is also great at what he does and has brought a modern twist to the old style of play -- first put into practice when he worked under Klinsmann. One thing the German's do better than anybody else is locate and accept their own weaknesses -- and then build a system that limits the use of them, but promotes everything they are great at.
this is what i have to agree on

This.
They have very talented players but Low played to their strengths, pace and counter attack and it worked. They will have to be watched in future. Shame for Klose that he couldn't beat the record but I'm glad Ronaldo kept it.
Klose still could break Ronaldo's record if he gets two goals in the third place play off.:)

I heard that he was doubtful for the game, is he ok to play now?
XD Haven't a clue. I guess if he is then his chances of breaking ronaldo's record are down the drain like you said.:$