The first one was a nothing decision. He shouldn't have received either yellow really, but the first one was even worse.
cheers. this ref hasnt looked too hot. the first bad ref of the tournament??

LOL at McCarthy calling the ref a clown. XD

Takes one to know one Mick.

Bad (good) decision by the Italian ref.

The ref is Spanish. Funny him sending off one of Germanys best strikers when they would be one of the favourites to win the World Cup like Spain. :S

Shocking referee, he's handing out cards like christmas. The World Cup so far had been full of good referees aswell.

Does McCarthy realise he's live on the BBC? Im sure he's just called the Serbian GK a little tart.

He did indeed call him a "tart".

He was going mental about the overhead kick too. Found it rather amusing really.

I hope Serbia win this, as I love the underdog victories, but the red card was ridiculously harsh.

The referee is having a shocker! But oh well, his decisions have gone Serbia's way so far, so I wont complain too much =)

say what you want about the ref. Hes only ruined the game for the germans. From where im sittin the game just got a lot more interesting. Was borin before

This game so far, at least concerning the ridiculous cards, is a perfect example for why I think instant replays should be part of major competitions.

The ref is Spanish. Funny him sending off one of Germanys best strikers when they would be one of the favourites to win the World Cup like Spain. :S

Shocking referee, he's handing out cards like christmas. The World Cup so far had been full of good referees aswell.
Johnathan Pearce had said he was Italian :(

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this guy was going for the record of the Portugal vs Holland match.

Hope not though, the match will be ruined if he keeps blowing his **** whistle stopping and starting the game.

That is the 7th red card in around 21 games now?

1 in 3, roughly. Crazy amount of carding going on.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if this guy was going for the record of the Portugal vs Holland match.

Hope not though, the match will be ruined if he keeps blowing his **** whistle stopping and starting the game.
We can only dream for another battle of Nuremburg. An all time classic for all the wrong reasons.

That is the 7th red card in around 21 games now?

1 in 3, roughly. Crazy amount of carding going on.
the first 6 have been good one, cahill's maybe a little harsh but clearly they are clamping down on tackles from behind

Is it wrong that, as an englishman i want Germany to win? I'm not particularly optimistic - neither about Germany's chances in this match with 10 men and ultimately winning the group or England's chances if we play them in the knockout round, they're quick and well organised , and have several players who are terrific on their day. Even Klose, despite his sending off here, and fairly basic goal vs a poor Australia side is a threat when he's playing well! Still, i predict that either Serbia will hold onto a 1-0 lead, and not extend it, or Germany will nick a point, but no win. I still think they're a good side and should beat Ghana.. All this assuming England beat Algeria and Slovenia by a greater margin than USA and come out top.

Lukas Podolski has missed three great chances and missed
what a game