Gerrard as coach

kerlin219

Reaction score
Hey guys was curious to know if its worth keeping Gerrard on as a coach at Liverpool when hes finished playing.
I am at the end of 5th season with liverpool he has 1 year left and i was thinking of offering him a player coach role.
Has anybody done this and could you tell me some of his coaching attributes .

I believe his coaching attributes are random, thus you'll have to try and see for yourself.

Talk to him; tell him he'd make a good coach or assistant manager. He'll ask if you want him to start right away.
Say yes. Then it'll show you his attributes for coaching, but you won't have to sign him as a coach unless you want him on your staff.

Yes his coaching attributes are random, he generally turns out to be a good coach though, worth a try, as Oister said, go to private chat and ask him if he wants to become a coach. ;)

here he is as a coahc after leaving my liverpool team looks like arsenal snapped him up

I believe he's more suitable to be assistant or manager.
He's always my assistant after he finishes his career for couple of years. Then somebody usually takes him as manager. In one of my saves he's england's manager.

I always fire Sammy Lee first season and get Gerrad as my assistant manager and Carragher as 1st team coach.

I always fire Sammy Lee first season and get Gerrad as my assistant manager and Carragher as 1st team coach.

So.. First season you sack Sammy Lee? Understandable.
Then you get Gerrard as your assistant manager? Why & how?

I find him better as an assistant on my saves aswell :)

So.. First season you sack Sammy Lee? Understandable.
Then you get Gerrard as your assistant manager? Why & how?

Because he's usually a cracking *** man.

and suggest to him to become a manager and he'll accept, then offer him a contract as a player/assistant manager.