Gerrard out for a month after op

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard undergoes successful surgery on his groin and will be out for up to four weeks.

More...

Not good for Liverpool they need thier skipper fit to help them along with suarez kuyt and Carroll

To be fair he does have problems with his groin, so hopefully it'll do him good. Will be missed though.

Wish him a swift recovery :) However, our team still looks pretty damned good:

Reina
Johnson - Carragher - Skrtel - Aurelio
Lucas - Meireles
Kuyt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Maxi
Carroll - Suarez​

And that's without Kelly, Agger and Stevie! :O

Last edited:
Be best to have him out for a while, then have him back to his best after summer, after being rested up. Be all fresh and rearing to go with no problems. Liverpool will be fine

Suspiciously good timing on Liverpool's behalf ;)

Luckily for them as he only misses the two games.

[Nani]Man up Stevie ME. Grow a pair. FFS it is only a groin injury. [/Nani]

He didn't do himself any good by playing whole game against United.

[Nani]Man up Stevie ME. Grow a pair. FFS it is only a groin injury. [/Nani]

He didn't do himself any good by playing whole game against United.

Gerrard needs to man up when he played a very high paced match through an injury? When Nani cut his leg and went off crying? Grow up.

speaking as a united fan this is going to kill me but...

since hodgson and benitezleft liverpool are a changed team.. they used to completely rely on gerrard and torres, if one of those were missing the team crumbled..

kenny has they playing like a team, even though gerrard as a world class player and any team in the world would miss a player of his calibre liverpool would do ok without him

Gerrard needs to man up when he played a very high paced match through an injury? When Nani cut his leg and went off crying? Grow up.

Like you played with so many injuries, even i have played with Groin injury. So only told Man Up Gerrard. He is feigning injury as he dont give a **** about Liverpool anymore. So only he is feigning injury. If he was injured, how can he play against United.

Suck on that logic

speaking as a united fan this is going to kill me but...

since hodgson and benitezleft liverpool are a changed team.. they used to completely rely on gerrard and torres, if one of those were missing the team crumbled..

kenny has they playing like a team, even though gerrard as a world class player and any team in the world would miss a player of his calibre liverpool would do ok without him

Dalglish has totally changed everything. I assume when Torres was at the club (Hodgson's era), the dressing room was very, very quiet, massive lack of atmosphere etc.. Torres has this massive ego and I assume (again), lads like Lucas were a bit scared of him and his reputation. As you said, we're now a team, the players are clearly buzzing and our key players are slightly less important, which can only be a good thing, seeing as they're getting on a bit.

Braga game's gonna be a difficult one next week though.

Like you played with so many injuries, even i have played with Groin injury. So only told Man Up Gerrard. He is feigning injury as he dont give a **** about Liverpool anymore. So only he is feigning injury. If he was injured, how can he play against United.

Suck on that logic

What the **** are you on about you absolute fool.

Have you played with an injury in the Prem have you? or just on the park with jumpers for goalposts?

He took an injection to kill the pain so he could get through one of our most important games, thats because he loves Liverpool.

Suck on that logic

Not really, I have played through matches with niggling injuries, but never played through a match with a serious or even a moderate injury. Gerrard (if you had any clue about him) has struggled with groin injuries for years (similar to how Torres struggled with his hamstring). Yeah, Gerrard doesn't give a **** about Liverpool, hence he twice turned down offers to move to Chelsea, despite them being a better side than us and spent his whole career here. Oh, not mentioning the fact he has supported the club since he was a boy. He played against United through injury, had he not played it would have still needed surgery (he never had surgery prior to the United match for that exact reason.

What logic? He's injured, if he wasn't he would play. I am sure Mike. will come in and close the thread if we turn this into an argument though.

Dalglish has totally changed everything. I assume when Torres was at the club (Hodgson's era), the dressing room was very, very quiet, massive lack of atmosphere etc.. Torres has this massive ego and I assume (again), lads like Lucas were a bit scared of him and his reputation. As you said, we're now a team, the players are clearly buzzing and our key players are slightly less important, which can only be a good thing, seeing as they're getting on a bit.

Braga game's gonna be a difficult one next week though.

try to imagine a manager sayin... "always pass to gerrard or torres" you would be thinking "christ am i not good enough"
now kenny seems to have got their confidence back..
fair enough braga will be a tough game but anfield will be rocking and i fully expect them to progess..

as a united fan i feel dirty even saying all this lol

What the **** are you on about you absolute fool.

Have you played with an injury in the Prem have you? or just on the park with jumpers for goalposts?

He took an injection to kill the pain so he could get through one of our most important games, thats because he loves Liverpool.

Not really, I have played through matches with niggling injuries, but never played through a match with a serious or even a moderate injury. Gerrard (if you had any clue about him) has struggled with groin injuries for years (similar to how Torres struggled with his hamstring). Yeah, Gerrard doesn't give a **** about Liverpool, hence he twice turned down offers to move to Chelsea, despite them being a better side than us and spent his whole career here. Oh, not mentioning the fact he has supported the club since he was a boy. He played against United through injury, had he not played it would have still needed surgery (he never had surgery prior to the United match for that exact reason.

What logic? He's injured, if he wasn't he would play. I am sure Mike. will come in and close the thread if we turn this into an argument though.

Calm down. I was just applying the same logic you lot did against Nani. I have nothing against him and he did a fantastic job playing with injury.

But as Ben was saying he played with injury to show he was a Hard man, i was just playing that card. And Ben i haven't read your post, this is how pathetic it looked when you tried to be a Internet hard man on last sunday.

Mally, shove it up you fool, if you cannot see the white text. It was clear to say i didn't mean those words. Jeez

Oh just skimmed through your post, Gerrard didn't turn down Chelsea. He tried to move to Chelsea but lacked Balls like Torres to complete the move.

Suck on that logic

Oh Christ. This isn't even worth responding to.

I can't believe this threads OP injured Stevie G. 'Gerrard Out For A Month After OP' Dont worry, I'm leaving ;)

Calm down. I was just applying the same logic you lot did against Nani. I have nothing against him and he did a fantastic job playing with injury.

But as Ben was saying he played with injury to show he was a Hard man, i was just playing that card. And Ben i haven't read your post, this is how pathetic it looked when you tried to be a Internet hard man on last sunday.

Mally, shove it up you fool, if you cannot see the white text. It was clear to say i didn't mean those words. Jeez

Oh just skimmed through your post, Gerrard didn't turn down Chelsea. He tried to move to Chelsea but lacked Balls like Torres to complete the move.

If that were true, he wouldn't be here.

Back