Gerrard set for four-week absence

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 2K
I agree, we don't need friendlies during the season, they are there for one reason; to make money. Complete bullshit.

Liverpool won't get any compensation but that's because he's only out for four weeks, I hope Woy pulls all his English players (Johnson, Cole and Gerrard ;)) out of any future England friendlies because Cappello is a massive, old ****.

bite me?
if it was a man united player you'd be moaning the exact same!
it's not how long he's out for etc etc.
it's the fact that the FA and England made a promise to the club (who pay his wages may i add) that he would be play no more than 60 minutes, oh and would you look at that? he was injured in the 85th minute?

it's little things like this that make the FA and the whole England set up look like twats...
mature response :S
again how i'd react has no bearing on the fact that you wont get compenasation (nor would we if the roles were reversed). its not a binding agreement, the fact that he didnt follow it isnt a unique case. it has happened to plenty of other teams.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I agree, we don't need friendlies during the season, they are there for one reason; to make money. Complete bullshit.

Liverpool won't get any compensation but that's because he's only out for four weeks, I hope Woy pulls all his English players (Johnson, Cole and Gerrard ;)) out of any future England friendlies because Cappello is a massive, old ****.
agreed, id rather we replaced friendlies with england training camps

If I'm honest I'd stick Lucas in the Attacking mid role, when he went in attacking position last season for a bit he seemed pretty deadly. Stick Poulsen in Dm!

If I'm honest I'd stick Lucas in the Attacking mid role, when he went in attacking position last season for a bit he seemed pretty deadly. Stick Poulsen in Dm!

I'd rather lick the inside of a city bus than have to endure watching Poulsen play for us ever again. Stick Lucas in the centre with Meireles and play Pacheco behind the striker.

I'd rather lick the inside of a city bus than have to endure watching Poulsen play for us ever again. Stick Lucas in the centre with Meireles and play Pacheco behind the striker.

Fully agree... i try not too be critical of new signings but he has been woeful every performance... against napoli it was his fault for there first with a stupid header

An unnecessary burden on both Liverpool and Hodgson.

Capello's selfishness in keeping Gerrard on, without instinctively subbing him for another player, has cost Liverpool now for the next month, and their chances in getting some good results in the run-up to Christmas.

Unlucky for Liverpool.

Capello is a ******* joker. It was a friendly, hardly an important match, yet he selfishly decides to keep Gerrard on the pitch for 25 minutes more than agrees. The FA should do something about this, but they won't. Whoever said Poulsen should be playing cannot watch many Liverpool games, he's an absolute joke. So ****** off.

this is very bad news for liverpool. it will be very hard to win any match with poulsen on the field.

Capello has turned round and said we needed a leader and experience on the pitch...
bollocks, you've made a mistake and you ******* know it,
it was a friend we were 2-0 down in, looking very unlikely of getting anything out of it..
you did it out of spite and the fact you needed Gerrard to go into '**** it' mode cos you got it wrong once again...

Lucas is banned next match, which means Poulsen will more than likely play.

gotta feel for Liverpool when things like this happen.

at the end of the day there is 1 person to blame and thats Gerrard, no one forced him on the pitch, it was his decision to play

at the end of the day there is 1 person to blame and thats Gerrard, no one forced him on the pitch, it was his decision to play

Not at all. The manager picks him, he has very little choice; if he says no, he could be missed out for a while.

all he has to say is im injured or struggling and im sure the mnager would understand because no manager wants to be playing a injured player

Back