• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Arsenal striker Gervinho is banned for three matches following his sending off against Newcastle.

More...

The ref seen the incident with Barton apparently, so nothing can be done as far as I remember.

Song should still be banned though.

Another baffling FA decision.

And for Barton to have the nerve so start taking the morale high ground saying ''You can't hit a fellow player in the face.''

1) It was a slap Barton.

2) I vividly remember you punching Pedersen in the face and getting away with it last season.

3) I'm sounding like a broken record, bottom line is Barton is a disgrace to football and should not be anywhere near a football pitch.

For the record Song/Gervinho do deserve harsh punishments (bans) but how the instigator Mr Barton has gotten away with this I really do not know...

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Where's Song's ban?
''Arsenal midfielder Alex Song faces a separate charge of violent conduct after his stamp on Barton, which had inflamed the situation, was missed by referee Peter Walton.''

I suspect his is coming, but they're not even investigating Barton to my knowledge.

Another baffling FA decision.

And for Barton to have the nerve so start taking the morale high ground saying ''You can't hit a fellow player in the face.''

1) It was a slap Barton.

2) I vividly remember you punching Pedersen in the face and getting away with it last season.

3) I'm sounding like a broken record, bottom line is Barton is a disgrace to football and should not be anywhere near a football pitch.

For the record Song/Gervinho do deserve harsh punishments (bans) but how the instigator Mr Barton has gotten away with this I really do not know...

i rofl at your anti-barton propaganda.

1) so? still ban worthy

2) lolface, it was in the chest. yes it wasnt something to praise but lolface

3) take your opinions somewhere else, barton pwns. Roy Keane was far worse and nobody says **** about him, there will always be 'aggressive' players, just be grateful JB is at least funny instead of malicious.

He punched Pedersen?

How is that remotely funny?

He is malicious, he's absolutely malicious hence why he dragged Gervinho up by his collar and aggressively ripped his shirt/shouted in his face...That's more than aggression.

I stand corrected it was in the gut not his face...

But if you're telling me this is not malicious then I really do not know what you are watching...

[video=youtube;g9AfwVuttS4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9AfwVuttS4[/video]

Last edited:
To be fair, that was nothing more than a love tap to the ribs

Not fall on the ground worthy

Despite it being Joey Barton, you can't raise your hands to another player. Rules are rules. Maybe Gervinho should read up on them.

Also, what Song did was disgraceful, yet Jamie, I see you give him no criticism? Is this because the player he stamped on was Joey Barton?

He punched Pedersen?

How is that remotely funny?

He is malicious, he's absolutely malicious hence why he dragged Gervinho up by his collar and aggressively ripped his shirt/shouted in his face...That's more than aggression.

Ran out of tampax? Want me to pop to the shops to pick you some up?

Tbh, Pedersen seems like a cocky ****, I am sure I would want to punch him. Also, while it may not have been the nicest thing in the world, it's not like Pedersen got injured, Barton still got banned, life goes on. Considering what players have done in the past, like Roy Keane, disguising revenge in a tackle rather than a 'punch/slap/kiss/***' is no better, if even worse due to the lack of control and the obvious intent to cause serious and long term damage, which can't really be inflicted, by the 1-inch punch Barton gave Pederen.

On your third point, if a player dives, and tries to win a penalty, I can understand a player to be ****** off. Tbh, I think Gervinho will think twice about taking a dive now, due to what has happened. It's funny though, I mean, Joey Barton may well be a fool, he may well be malicious in some of the things he does, although not enough for you to say it twice, I mean.. reaaaaalllly.. but yeah, there are plenty of players out there that are malicious, Cattermole/De Jong/Song/Heskey.. ok well maybe not Heskey.. but still, stamping on someones leg is a much more career threatening attempt at causing injury than punching someone, while I agree that both should be red card offences, to single out something continuously (not you.. well.. maybe.. but I just mean generahhhahahally) seem rather silly, when worse things have happened allot more recently, eg stampy mcstamp stamp.

Anyhow, I personally believe that Barton has come to football a generation too late, while this current form of football, the 'get touched, go down, roll around, cry, get up, carry on like normal', isn't suited to his game. He should have been around in the 'I am a ****, I will bite you, I will punch you, get on with it' generation, also, when they didn't have twitter so he could ******* spam it alllll daaaaay.

So yeah, in summary, calm down.

Also, on another note. When watching an under 14's game a month or so back, there was a fight, well.. a few punches, rolling around.. uno, handbags. So anyway, this all calmed down and about 10 minutes later, one of the kids went in for a tackle, and completely went for the player, kicked him as hard as he could in the knees, dislocating the kids kneecap and breaking his leg. These were the same two kids who were 'fighting' earlier. Now, this maybe where my strong stance against revenge in tackling comes from, but if those kids had actually been man managed properly by the ref, maybe it wouldn't have happened. You don't often see red cards in under 14's football, but I did that day. Don't think the kid that broke his leg will ever play again, not to the same standard anyway. I am sure he would have rather been punched again by the kid, than have his leg broken..

Barton is a tool. He punched Pederson, yet labelled it a push. He got slapped by Gervinho, yet labelled it a punch.

I don't like him, and could never endear myself to him whether he played for my club or not. It surprises me that people can and do.

For the record Song/Gervinho do deserve harsh punishments (bans)

''Arsenal midfielder Alex Song faces a separate charge of violent conduct after his stamp on Barton, which had inflamed the situation, was missed by referee Peter Walton.''

I suspect his is coming, but they're not even investigating Barton to my knowledge.

I condemned Gervinho/Song clearly, as did every journalist in the Sunday papers despite what some people say...They condemned Song's actions as wholly irresponsible and reckless but they like me are questioning how has Barton gotten away with this scot free.

It's like in the video where he clearly PUNCHED Pedersen yet claimed he tapped him with his palm...I just can't for the life of me see how Barton has gotten away with this.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Ran out of tampax? Want me to pop to the shops to pick you some up?

Tbh, Pedersen seems like a cocky ****, I am sure I would want to punch him. Also, while it may not have been the nicest thing in the world, it's not like Pedersen got injured, Barton still got banned, life goes on. Considering what players have done in the past, like Roy Keane, disguising revenge in a tackle rather than a 'punch/slap/kiss/***' is no better, if even worse due to the lack of control and the obvious intent to cause serious and long term damage, which can't really be inflicted, by the 1-inch punch Barton gave Pederen.

On your third point, if a player dives, and tries to win a penalty, I can understand a player to be ****** off. Tbh, I think Gervinho will think twice about taking a dive now, due to what has happened. It's funny though, I mean, Joey Barton may well be a fool, he may well be malicious in some of the things he does, although not enough for you to say it twice, I mean.. reaaaaalllly.. but yeah, there are plenty of players out there that are malicious, Cattermole/De Jong/Song/Heskey.. ok well maybe not Heskey.. but still, stamping on someones leg is a much more career threatening attempt at causing injury than punching someone, while I agree that both should be red card offences, to single out something continuously (not you.. well.. maybe.. but I just mean generahhhahahally) seem rather silly, when worse things have happened allot more recently, eg stampy mcstamp stamp.

Anyhow, I personally believe that Barton has come to football a generation too late, while this current form of football, the 'get touched, go down, roll around, cry, get up, carry on like normal', isn't suited to his game. He should have been around in the 'I am a ****, I will bite you, I will punch you, get on with it' generation, also, when they didn't have twitter so he could ******* spam it alllll daaaaay.

So yeah, in summary, calm down.

Also, on another note. When watching an under 14's game a month or so back, there was a fight, well.. a few punches, rolling around.. uno, handbags. So anyway, this all calmed down and about 10 minutes later, one of the kids went in for a tackle, and completely went for the player, kicked him as hard as he could in the knees, dislocating the kids kneecap and breaking his leg. These were the same two kids who were 'fighting' earlier. Now, this maybe where my strong stance against revenge in tackling comes from, but if those kids had actually been man managed properly by the ref, maybe it wouldn't have happened. You don't often see red cards in under 14's football, but I did that day. Don't think the kid that broke his leg will ever play again, not to the same standard anyway. I am sure he would have rather been punched again by the kid, than have his leg broken..

I just get all hot and flustered when mentioning Joey Barton that's all...

I think I've made my point (repeatedly no doubt) that I despise Joey Barton and he shouldn't be on a football field.

And I do actually think Gervinho was tripped (Like Lampard) he rode the challenge and anticipated the leg of Tiote so in my opinion it was a penalty.

i rofl at your anti-barton propaganda.

1) so? still ban worthy

2) lolface, it was in the chest. yes it wasnt something to praise but lolface

3) take your opinions somewhere else, barton pwns. Roy Keane was far worse and nobody says **** about him, there will always be 'aggressive' players, just be grateful JB is at least funny instead of malicious.

I think Roy Keane was and probably is a massive **** and I've said it before. Barton is a bigger ****. Funny, not malicious? I'm sure Gervinho found it funny getting pulled off the ground in his collar after he exaggerated contact.

Last edited:
Song and Gervinho should be banned, Barton shouldn't. What Barton did was pretty stupid, but he didn't cause Gervinho any harm, it was just a spur of the moment anger that Gervinho hurled himself to the floor.

Back