Gervinho handed three-match ban

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
Despite it being Joey Barton, you can't raise your hands to another player. Rules are rules. Maybe Gervinho should read up on them.

Also, what Song did was disgraceful, yet Jamie, I see you give him no criticism? Is this because the player he stamped on was Joey Barton?

There's no such rule, there is however violent conduct. Yet, apparently dragging someone up off the floor is deemed non-violent whereas stroking someone's face is. I couldn't care less, just the FA's damning inconsistency riles me. Plus, if Barton escapes punishment because the referee 'saw' it, and didn't take action, he should be sacked for being an incompetent buffoon. Neither should have been banned or both should have.

Barton is just a legend, wasn't a genuine shock when he manhandled Song though. However he should remember this is the Prem, not the WWE :)

no suprise really although im a little ****** off because Gervinho is in my dreamteam. Barton deserved a yellow and got one simple as that, Song deserves a 3match ban too in my eyes.

There's no such rule, there is however violent conduct. Yet, apparently dragging someone up off the floor is deemed non-violent whereas stroking someone's face is. I couldn't care less, just the FA's damning inconsistency riles me. Plus, if Barton escapes punishment because the referee 'saw' it, and didn't take action, he should be sacked for being an incompetent buffoon. Neither should have been banned or both should have.

That's essentially my argument, how can they deem Gervinho's conduct violent and Barton's not so?

Both should get banned or neither but that's the English FA for you once again giving us a baffling decision.

The cynic in me says that it's fuelling the conspiracy that British players get punished less severely than foreign players time and time again...

Interesting that at no point has there been any mention of a charge of severe simulation against Barton (And/or Gervinho for earlier dives). The FA really are scared of tackling simulation, not just the English but across Europe the FA's are fearful of attacking simulation.

Back