Get II-team to play in a league

DonVanberg

Reaction score
I'm currently playing with Dynamo Dresden in Germany. A few seasons ago, my board suggested we should start a II-team as our only other team is the U19s, however the II-team isn't playing in any competition (at least it doesn't show any competition). Because of this, and the fact that it's only semi-professional, promoting youth-players to the II-team is practically a death sentence to their career as they won't get any matchtime or good training. Is it possible to get the II-team promoted to the 3. Liga in any way?

Assuming that the newlyfounded club started on Germany's lower divisions, it could end up happening... But promotion is random (and tied to reputation), your reserve team might get promoted in 5 years time or never promoting at all.
On the other hand if your reserve team is not inscribed in any competition, then it'll stay that way.

Try programming friendlies for your reserve team throughout the season, sure it's not the same... But at least you'll make sure your young talents get minutes and don't stagnate.

Assuming that the newlyfounded club started on Germany's lower divisions, it could end up happening... But promotion is random (and tied to reputation), your reserve team might get promoted in 5 years time or never promoting at all.
On the other hand if your reserve team is not inscribed in any competition, then it'll stay that way.

Try programming friendlies for your reserve team throughout the season, sure it's not the same... But at least you'll make sure your young talents get minutes and don't stagnate.

That was what I suspected. Weird thing is though, when I look at my affiliates, it says my II-team is playing in the Regionaldivision (which I assume is the fourth tier), but when I go in to the competitions-screen for the II-team, it's not showing anything. Thanks for your help though, I'll try putting a bunch of older players that aren't good enough for the first team there for next season and hope that by luck or magic they might get promoted.