adamfx

Reaction score
Holy Goal Scorer
I'm a long time lurker, first time poster.
If you've got the chance to splash out on a big name player, buy Neymar!

I was able to buy him for $73M (>50% of that price was in monthly installments over 4 years) to replace Van Persie sold to ManCity for 24M in 14-15 Season. The deal was so massively large compared to my transfer budget which was around 20M, so it seemed a huge gamble.
Fortunately he's proven unstoppable. He scores more goals just from corners than most strikers score in a season. He would earn the prize for the most assists in a year as well, except for he causes so many for others.

Year - Played - Scored - Assists - MOM
2014/2015 - 43 (13) - 81 - 19 - 26
2015/2016 - 49 (5) - 87 - 17 - 27
So far this year he's started even better, if that's even possible (8.80 av rating)
2016/2017 - 13 - 30!! - 5 - 9

I play him as a poacher striker, supported by AML, AMC, AMR, 2 in CM and 4 at the back.

He has a few quiet games in a season where he gets shutdown, but gets on the scoresheet like clockwork.
The best outing was Champions League semi final in 2015-2016 away to Bayern Munich where he scored 6, which he followed up with a hattrick in the home leg along side a couple of hattricks against Man U during the regular season which was very satisfying.

I've built a team with a great mix of stars (particularly in midfield to get Neymar the ball) and up and coming youngsters. I've not been able to afford to buy Messi (price was >300M + 525k a week!?!) or needed to splash out for another nosebleed striker (well priced Huntelaar was good for a few years and Yarmalenko is still going well as backup striker/AML) but I can't imagine any striker would give anyone such a return as Neymar.

Anyone got any alternatives?

Loving the game. Thinking of starting a new game as Barca just to buy him again to play alongside Messi just to see the carnage.

adamfx

Last edited:
Nah, Neymar too much :)

Get Roman Bezus, he's a beast! Best player I ever brought, I never pay any player for more than 10 million in any saves apart from stupid saves to get the achivement! Hehe

In seriose note, get Roman Bezus and I have him as a Poacher! He's on fire for my team!

I'll get picture up as soon as I figure how the **** to get the picture from FM onto file, I never done it before so I am stupid :D

I've never heard for Roman Bezus. I'll check him out. Thanks!

adamfx

Maybe is a regen 'cause I can't find him on my save.

That kinda form is insane!! Still silly money you have to pay to get him, always prefer to just buy Carlos Fierro for £1.2m and develop him. Still well done getting Neymar scoring that much!!

He is not a regen, he's from ukraine. I can't seem to get my screenshot working :/

I couldn't find Roman Bezus via search. Perhaps Ukrainian league didn't get imported? Those are stellar numbers.
Is it too late to add other leagues to my game or would I have to start a new game inc all leagues to make him searchable?

adamfx

That kinda form is insane!! Still silly money you have to pay to get him, always prefer to just buy Carlos Fierro for £1.2m and develop him.
iPhone.gif

I've played Neymar before as an AML to compliment Messi on the AMR in Barcelona, very good player, but way over-priced in my opinion.

If you want a good striker who's at half this price and very consistent, get Abel Hernandez from Palermo. I play him as DLF - Support to play alongside Pato in my AC Milan save, he does even better as a poacher, but that spot is reserved for Pato. I had to pay a king's ransom to get him though, 49 Mill. but given that he had been Serie A top scorer for 4 seasons in a row, I had no other choice.

Another very good player to buy would be Hulk from FCP, you can land him for around 30 Mill in the first season, after that it's insane to buy him as he gets too expensive, I play him as Complete forward - Support in my FC Bayern save, but he plays best as AMR - Inside Forward - Attack, also competent as Poacher, Advanced Forward - Attack, And AML.

One last recommendation would be Leandro Damiao from Internacional, can land him for around 25 Mill in the first season, but becomes way over priced later on. A real goal machine with no weaknesses whatsoever, excellent pace, off the ball, finishing, heading and jumping. Ideal as a target man or complete forward and extremely consistent, scored an average 40 goals per season in my Inter save.

I'll check out Abel Hernandez.
I know about Leandro, in my game he transferred to Tottenham and tearing it up, including a few goals against my team these past couple of years.
Hulk is now 30 and too old to splash out big on in my save.
All to try in a new game I think.

Cheers!
adamfx

I'm sorry, I saw $73m and I feel ill. I'll reply properly when I finished vomiting at your money wasting talent

73 million......I wonder what Santos does with all that money.....

I'm more mystified by the selling v.Persie to Man City! Sure, sell him, but not to them!!

But I agree on signing Neymar, picked him up for £45m in my second season and well worth it.
Also picked up Gotze for £37m.

Along with Rooney, the 4-3-2-1 tactic has become very effective! Just need someone to go on the right side as I favour wingers and 1 AM instead of 3 AMs, same as your tactic. Rooney makes a very good advance playmaker in support.

I'm assuming that it was 73m USD? If so, that works out about the same amount I paid for him (£45m) and also about the same or a little more than I have seen many others sign him for. People having issue with it are mostly just seeing the $73m and not the exchange rate.

Plus... I think he is more than paying for his fee.

Last edited: