Is there anyway possible I can do something with Anfield on the game because everytime I ask the board about it, the excuse is to do with the council not providing planning permission or something or other?!
It's been answered acouple of times already, but you have to keep making money and selling out. eventually the board will build a new stadium.. Nothing can be done about the current stadium

Doing the mid-week friendlies thing and man is it boring :p I tried with asian teams since they seem to pay relatively well and aren't as hard to beat as other teams.

Edit: In fact, there should be an option for the Asst. Manager to take over friendly games without changing the current line-up.

It's purely money making. And there is a setting for your ***. man to take control of friendly matches, with the selection you choose. It's in team settings

Last edited:
It's purely money making. And there is a setting for your ***. man to take control of friendly matches, with the selection you choose. It's in team settings

I know that setting, but I tried and my ***. Man used my first team instead of the selected line-up (which is comprised of players on trial mostly and reserves), so unless I've made a mistake, that's not really what I was asking for :p

I've never ever got a new stadium but never really needed to but I can see how it can be frustrating if you can't get one. Good guide.

I know that setting, but I tried and my ***. Man used my first team instead of the selected line-up (which is comprised of players on trial mostly and reserves), so unless I've made a mistake, that's not really what I was asking for :p

There's an option something like "use current match tactics/selection"
tick those. But you need to select thr appropriate selection before the match

I've managed to get my team to the Championship with a Regional reputation, but strange enough, I can schedule away friendlies against teams in Japan where I get paid 110,000€ per match, which basically amounts to 8 million euros (€) per year playing matches as often as possible (without exploiting the players), is this some kind of exploit? The same teams used to pay me only 14k € barely a season ago when my reputation was Local and I was still in League 1.

I use international breaks etc to play friendlys mainly i use fringe players and in form youth players so that my first team dont play too many games, seems to work well. Unfortuneatly the biggest teams i can play atm are from Scotland but its still 60k a time.

I've managed to get my team to the Championship with a Regional reputation, but strange enough, I can schedule away friendlies against teams in Japan where I get paid 110,000€ per match, which basically amounts to 8 million euros (€) per year playing matches as often as possible (without exploiting the players), is this some kind of exploit? The same teams used to pay me only 14k € barely a season ago when my reputation was Local and I was still in League 1.

Not an exploit. Higher rep=more bums on seats+tv revenue for the team hosting the friendly. Championship has a lot more international exposure IRL go to any country in the world with Fox Sports and you'll gett a chance to see championship games. No chance of seeing L1 and L2 teams regularly. The more people know who you are the more people will pay to watch you play

Last edited:
More like 30 million needed in the bank
It really depends on how big the stadium is-a 5000 and less capacity stadium usually gets ugraded to 15-20K seats. If you are one of the bigger low league clubs with 10K+ capacity stadiums then the cost is higher. Remember in your first season in the prem alone TV rights net you 30-50mil a season and then there's the payout for your finishing position which is 10-20mil. You have to be financially secure but not necessarily filthy rich

Last edited:
In which currency? :p

Pounds

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

It really depends on how big the stadium is-a 5000 and less capacity stadium usually gets ugraded to 15-20K seats. If you are one of the bigger low league clubs with 10K+ capacity stadiums then the cost is higher. Remember in your first season in the prem alone TV rights net you 30-50mil a season and then there's the payout for your finishing position which is 10-20mil. You have to be financially secure but not necessarily filthy rich

With Gillingham you can only upgrade your stadum by a little bit, only to 12500 and then you cant anymore, and it takes about 5-6 seasons at the top of the prem, for me at least, till you get a new stadium, and it is similar with a lot of other lower league clubs that it is the case, well ones ive tried

I've tried this with Worksop, Eastleigh, Bath and thurrock. I'v had 15-25mil in the bank on all those saves and once promotion was assured to the prem (Note: this was tested on 10.2, 103 patches only), the board announces a new stadium. So mileage may vary. So I think it is definitely a little different when you pick league teams. All my expeience is based on BSN/BSS and lower. As I said in my openng post YMMV and the 10-15mil was minimum.

Note 2: I also have just reaised that the teams I've used don't have all seater stadiums. Eastleigh had 400 seats in 3000 seat stadium. Prem. stadiums have to be all seaters. I think Priestfields is an all seater which is why you need a bit more$$ to convince the board to build a new stadium.

I've got a week off So if anyone wants to suggest a big low league club from L1 or L2 I'd be more than willing to test and refine my statements. (excludes teams with stadium bigger than 15K as it'll be too easy)

Last edited:
i was the hawks and i got them to L1 and the council still didnt allow me to expand my stadium

I'm using Noicattaro from Italy Serie C/2C, 2000 seat "Communale", naff-all monies ($40k in bank) been promoted and the chairman has decided on building a 10k seat stadia for $15mil... hooray to trying to pay off $87k/month. Bonus though is 1 season to build! :D

If you get to the Prem with a non-all seater stadium you often get a new stadium built, rather than just a simple upgrade. But it does depend on how badly you have emptied the finances to get to the Prem!