Getting a striker to score more goals

united762000

Reaction score
Hello all, I know that FM15 is nearly upon us but until November 7th I am going to start a new game to get me through. The problem I have had over the past 2 or 3 FM's is that I create a good team with good tactics and have won a few trophies (I am not one of these people that claims to have won everything from the Premier league to The Grand National and The X factor. ) but I cannot get my striker(s) to score a lot of goals. Normally my teams are based around having a solid defence. I have seen tactics on here where people post screenshots of strikers scoring 40 or 50 goals a season. I would be happy with my striker getting 20! So can anyone suggest what role I should allocate my lone striker and what individual instructions I should give him.

dependson the formation.

for barca style 4-1dm-2-2wingers-1 one that drops deep and helps create chances.

If you want the wingers to score dlf s/a f9 even treq

I would advise you to put roam, shoot less often and killer balls.

Targetman formations : hold position, shoot less, dribble more.

Poacher formation : move into channels, shoot more often.

I've got good results with these particular settings, however be aware that ppm always matter.

when creating a tactic, you must think who will find himself in the position to score. Normally, striker is surrounded by defenders, so he needs to be strong to fend of challenges, and good in the air if you rely on crosses. Since he is marked, he stands very little chance of scoring unless he keeps on freeing himself to receive the ball, but still remain in position dangerous enough to score. Of course, the more players you have feeding him quality balls, the more he will score. You should perhaps use a non creative role for your striker, so he is not supposed to feed others, and you may perhaps try a fluid philophy so he only does attacking, and doesnt help defence. That might keep him fresh longer, altough you will invite more pressure upon you. You may try giving him a creative partner or two or even three to help him score more, but that will mean change of your style. If you normally do well by your style, there is no need to concern yourself with striker goals.

It is more a case of getting frustrated watching my striker make all the wrong decisions. In some games I have my striker couldn't score on a night out in Essex!!

It doesnt matter which of my strikers play they all seem to need 4 or 5 chances to score 1 goal. gets very frustrating watching shot ping off for a throw in.

It is just the scripted ME. There is something wrong with your tactic.