damiennevo

Banned
Reaction score
As Grimsby approached there Second season in Blue Square Premier, Rob Scott had resigned and became the new Boston boss again.
Next Morning Grimsby Town was searching for new manager, They even send Paul Hurst to Sunday League games to look for a manager, Hurst seen a manager who was doing good in Sunday league, He was top of table without losing any off his games. So Hurst want up to the EAG FC bossed and said ' Hi my name is Paul Hurst and i work for Grimsby Town FC, I would like you to come to blundell park and see John Fenty for the job role, Eag Bossed said I am in a game at the moment so can you wait until I finish this match. So he did he rang up Mr Fenty and said ' I've found a manager you would like to manger Town. 1hour Later game finished (eag fc Won 5-1) Hurst went up to Eag FC Bossed said shall we get going. Bossed said Let rock and roll.

Fenty called Him in sat him down and said What your name? ' My name is Damien Nevo Sir, I manage EAG FC a Sunday league team, We won 5-1 today.
Fenty Said that good to know but would you do that here with our players?
Damien Said yes I would do it.
Fenty Said Would you win the league in your first season?
Damien Said Only if I had the right players to do so.
Fenty Said would you leave EAG for Grimsby town and be the New manager of this club?
Damien Said I would but i have to speak to EAG players first to let them know am going.
Fenty Said oki leave me your number and ill ring you in Two days to let you know you got the job Mr nevo.
Damien Said there you go my number and thanks Mr Fenty for speaking to me.

Grimsby Town Appointed Sunday League manager
Damien Nevo
I walked out to the training ground the same day i got appointed, Looked at the Squad and said to myself this lot is going to win the League! i spoked to some off the players like, Hearn, coulo, wood, makofo and Pearson.
And i spoked to some off the staff as well they was very nice to me. But i have to bring some of my EAG FC staff in and players.

So the next day i called some of my EAG team would you like to work with me at Grimsby Town.

I told the players got to the training group and do some training before the friendlies matches. Some of my EAG players was there as well.
images

First interview For manager
Hi Damien this Georgie Thompson from Sky sports news
“You sit here as the new Manager of grimsby. Is this your dream job?

Nevo: Yes I took this job with both hands, and this is my home town club but can't believe Mr Fenty picked me over some good managers, i wont let anyone down.

Darragh Craig (Daily Mirror) :
“Do you already have an idea of the players that feature in your plans , and those who don’t?”

Nevo:
Everyone will be given a chance at this club before i make any changes before new season starts.Georgie Thompson (Sky Sports News) : Mr Nevo, can you give us an insight on your management style?”

Nevo:
looking fine as always. I will promise the fans attractive, (a bit like yourself love) football , a quick tempo , nice passing and allround beautiful football”.
Press Officer:
That will be all for today, Thank You

Last edited:
Meeting with the board
'Had a meeting with the board today. Discussing transfer policies , how the financial status is and how we can improve.I’ve only been given £500,000 to spend on transfers. so I’ve a bit of room to manoeuvre there. Pre-season expectations are to finish comfortably mid-table which is ok for me be i've been give a task to do and win the league. but I believe with the current squad we have, plus a few possible signings we can challenge for a football League again!, seriously need to think about the backroom staff it still has a few of Rob’s buddies and I’m not sure the squad will be to happy with that, plus, they don’t seem as good as they should be , but I’m willing to give them a chance to show what they are worth. I decided to watch the training from the stands today, pretended to be a scout or a journalist just in the stands, seem to work okay. I’m fairly pleased to see the players at work , I’m very excited at working along side the likes of Liam Hearn and Coulo (Coulson) , who looks like an extreme talent! Although, the squad seems to lacks a few wingers , if Coulo gets injured we’re screwed! I’ve got to talk to the scouts to see what they have for me , might try and get a few loans from championship clubs , I see Callum McManaman is on the loan list from Wigan! Anyways, I gotta go now , check out some coach reports and make a few phone calls from a few of my buddies from the Coaching school to see if there’s any bright coaches available, and among other tasks!”

Three New signing has signed
images

Ricky Shakes For 8k from Ebbsfleet
images

Jordan Cousins on loan from Charlton untill end of the season
images

Daniel East on loan from Brighton for 6 month
Friendlys
Fc Utd Of Manchester 0-1 Grimsby Town (Stieber)
' I am very pleased with the win and also with the goal by are trailist'

Grimsby Town 1-1 Bury (Pearson)
' I am happy with a draw against a higher team then me.'

Boston Utd 1-2 Grimsby Town (Elding,Duffy)
'I am very happy for the win, just hope we can do it the league. very happy for Elding and Duffy for getting on the score sheets'

Grimsby Town 1-2 Bolton Res (Shakes)
' Very poor losted, we should be beating team like bolton res team.'

Grimsby Town 0-2 Wolves Res
'Very poor game for are team.'

Grimsby town 0-0
Blackburn Res
'Very happy with a draw but we should of won that game.'
End of the pre-season