Getting Big Al to 260 - My Newcastle 1999/2000 save.

• Thread starter Michael Onwuegbu
  • Start date
  • Replies 0
  • Views 731
M

Michael Onwuegbu

I wanted to share the save I've been playing offline for quite sometime now. I've been using The FMRetroGroup's 1999/2000 database to play as Newcastle. I wanted to give Alan Shearer the end to his career he deserved, while bringing some trophies along the way.
But let's catch up as I have to add I'm already in the 03/04 season.
1999/2000 SEASON REVIEW
1999 p1.png

A 6th placed finish nothing particularly special in all competitions. European action for the Geordies. The only signing we made was Javier Saviola from River Plate for 1.8 Million pounds.
2000/2001 SEASON REVIEW
2000.png

A fifth placed finish coupled with a double as we won the UEFA Super Cup and the FA Cup. Saviola became an enigma outscoring Alan Shearer himself with 33 goals in 32 league games securing himself the golden boot. In the window in came a classic South American wonderkid named Ronaldinho, Jamie Carragher from Liverpool, and Gennaro Gattuso from AC Milan.
2001/2002 SEASON REVIEW
2001.png

We had a good overall campaign. The only issue was no matter how good we were, United were 10 times better. This season we signed a teenage Cristiano Ronaldo from Sporting for 275K. We also secured goalkeeper Frank Rost, Cosmin Contra from Alaves, Gustavo Poyet on a free and Robbie Keane from Coventry. It was another Golden boot from Saviola, scoring 35. We ended with no trophies unless you count the UEFA Super Cup.
2002/2003 SEASON REVIEW
2002.png

This season we dropped off failing to secure UCL football again. The only trophy we managed was the FA Cup. Majorly we only signed Savio from Arsenal.​
That's where we are so far. I'm currently playing through the transfer window to prepare to challenge United next season. Although that may not be possible as they've won 5 straight. I want to win at least one League title or Champions League before the retirement of Shearer. As it stands he is only 26 league goals away from the record he holds in real life. That's all for now! This save doesn't mean the end of my Bari save, I'll manage them both.