fmtobes

Reaction score
HELP ME!!!!!

i've had the new fm for 3 weeks now and i still havent got a save past october! last season i just couldnt get off the game, i managed to get swindon to the prem in 3 years and then went on to dominate europe. i also had a man city save where i found sanogo to be an absolute demon!

this year im really struggling to find a team i can stick with, have tried newcastle, norwich, qpr, man city, spurs, southampton, huddersfield.

can you think of any teams that are fun which i wont lose interest in?? preferably a young squad and quite a bit of cash and i would rather in england but its not essential?

cheers and look forward to your suggestions

Arsenal. Try to win the Champions league without reloading games or any other "Cheats".

Took me 4 Seasons but i nearly cried when i won it.

had the same problem mate one tip dont treat it like a task fm should be fun so dont make it a chore to play it. maybe go lower down to really make a team Your team starting from nothing and building it up sure itll take a while but itll be worth it maybe swindon or crawley ? :D

hope i helped!

Try doing a difficult challenge like "The Great San Marino Challenge" that takes a good amount of time and is fun

Play as swindon again? I suggest playing as the team you support.

I normally don't have the passion to continue a game where i'm really not that bothered about the team unless its the idea of building a team from the bottom to the top which i'm yet to complete on fm 11 or fm 12 :p

Having always fun with my favourite team and a LL-CL / San Marino / Pentagon type of challenge.

Sounds like 'only singing when you're winning' type thing, and the give away was how you described the Swindon save. Racing all the way to the prem, dominating europe and winning everything is what you want and anything less than this (losing games) results in wanting to give up. I think this is the first FM game I haven't ditched saves because I haven't won the prem in the first season with an Everton or a Villa type team. What I've needed is perspective. Yes, I love it when first season sees me win the league with a mid table premier league team, but it's not realistic and now that I understand that I find I can play seasons for longer. A whooping by Man City doesn't mean I have to ditch a game, it just means my team is not as good and I'll blooming work unitl they are, however long that takes, bumps and all!

I could be completely wrong. If so, sorry!

I think games like this are too unrealistic in what you can achieve in such a short space of time. At the end of the day, anyone can take Crawley Town and win everything, it's just knowing the young players to buy, and though it's romantic, it just aint football 'the real world.'

Questions - Why are you getting bored?
- What were your expectations for each club?
- What were your results like?
- Is winning the league 1st season your measurement for success?
- Have you found 1st season transfer budgets lower than you expected?
- Have you been dissapointed with rate of assists and goals for certain players?

Sounds like 'only singing when you're winning' type thing, and the give away was how you described the Swindon save. Racing all the way to the prem, dominating europe and winning everything is what you want and anything less than this (losing games) results in wanting to give up. I think this is the first FM game I haven't ditched saves because I haven't won the prem in the first season with an Everton or a Villa type team. What I've needed is perspective. Yes, I love it when first season sees me win the league with a mid table premier league team, but it's not realistic and now that I understand that I find I can play seasons for longer. A whooping by Man City doesn't mean I have to ditch a game, it just means my team is not as good and I'll blooming work unitl they are, however long that takes, bumps and all!

Yeah, exactly.

I've finished 2nd in my first season with WBA in one save, but, in another, it took me four years to get a 3rd place finish with Wolves. I know which one I found most exciting.... Wolves... Obviously. (;

It definitely is all about perspective.

Questions - Why are you getting bored?
- What were your expectations for each club?
- What were your results like?
- Is winning the league 1st season your measurement for success?
- Have you found 1st season transfer budgets lower than you expected?
- Have you been dissapointed with rate of assists and goals for certain players?

i like to win something, if not exceed expectations, (finish mid table with norwich) and i suppose you are right in the sense of budgets, i really do not feel clubs get enough in the opening window/season. and also i would probably agree with your first comment. what teams could you recommend which you have had lots of fun with?

I'm just getting bored of doing incredibly long saves- taking tiny clubs to the top and then.... the game suddenly becomes so buggy its unplayable.

If you can stick out a Huddersfield save it becomes very interesting due to the huge funds you get in the next few seasons. I got £15-£20m to spend in the Championship and then got roughly £30m in the Premier League.
If you want a good long save where you can win a lot, this could be the one!

If you've got a good tactic then I don't think it would be impossible to win the prem with Everton or Aston Villa. I've seen threads where people have even managed it with West Brom! Personally, I'd get bored of that as it's blooming unrealistic, but hey, it's your game.

I've only managed Spurs so far and have only ever finished top of the league, so if you wana win they're a good bet.

They have some real gems to build around such as Bale, Bassong, Modric, Walker. Friedel, Gallas, Van Der Vaart and King will see you through a couple of years as well. All in all, a good team to build on.

It's not all plain sailing though, budgets take a little while to work with, board need some stropping with to get what you want, wage budgets need to be monitored closely and just when you think you've got your man Man City come in and get him on £160k+ per week!

Definitely not a dull game!

I would suggest trying Swindon again (although I am biased!) They've got a good team and should be easily challenging for promotion in League 2. Otyherwise, why not try something completely different with a different style of league, eg. MLS or Australian league. Once I've finished with my current Swindon file, (been playing it since a week after release) I'm going to try managing in USA.

start unemployed, i enjoy ending up at a random club, you can sort of pick an choose which jobs u apply for and sometimes you do have watch the game for 1 or 2 month,

does help if you set your rep to former pro or international,

Teams will offer yo positions too. On my career save as i call it i have gone started a Raith Rovers (got them promoted after taking over mid november winning the Scottish 1div)

Left at the start of the second season to join Brighton (came second in the championship)

3rd season got the Arsenal job after A Wenger took the france job,

Thinking back i'd should of stuck it out for a season or two at raith rover or brighton in the respective premiership divisions.

Arsenal. Try to win the Champions league without reloading games or any other "Cheats".

Took me 4 Seasons but i nearly cried when i won it.

Wat. Arsenal is amongst easiest teams to run. We all know Wenger isn't one for shopping a lot, but those limitations don't apply to you, and their transfer budget when starting in summer 2012 is propably biggest in entire FM. Few big transfers (i recommend a goalie) , pray RVP wont get injured and you're good to go.

I NEVER last the pre-season just get bored waiting for the season to end. My tip is when you are about to start a game and when you have the countriesscreen you select in front of you, load China set it as 'non playable' and at the bottom (of the 'league selection screen') set your game date to 'China - January 2012' then pick a team that are in the relegation zone are mid-table or are in the top 4 (depending if you like a challenge) and it's done. Did this with Leicester there were 17th in the championship 2nd season 1st and then they were taken over by a rich buisness man and in 3 seasons the foxes were in Europe!!!!!(currently in 2020 in that save)Hope this helps;).

I can never get into FM beyond second season, club dynamics just changes far too much and when I see some crazy management appointment/signings I give up

I can never get into FM beyond second season, club dynamics just changes far too much and when I see some crazy management appointment/signings I give up

FM only really becomes good when all the real players retire and ur left with all regens/newgens. Fact