Getting Fernando Llorente to score headed goals. Please help!

liam9lfc

Reaction score
I play 3142 in my Juve save, with my wide midfielders (usually asamoah and Isla) as wide midfielder - automatic

llorente is set as target man attack but I can't seem to get him to score headed goals! He plays well, getting high (although inconsistent) average match ratings. But every game I play my assistant tells me he's dominating in the air, yet not one highlight is ever a header inside the box, although I have my wide players to cross often and aim at target man. I also have float crosses in team instructions.

Any help anyone could give me to solve this? I feel like Llorente is being wasted in my team, I've altered my playing style slightly to suit his strengths yet I'm getting no benefit.

Any help would be very appreciated

Perhaps he's mainly winning flick ons rather than headers from crosses?
Look at the wingers crossing completion and Llorente's shots from inside in the box from the analysis tab.

I have yet to find a good wing play tactic - it seems like they only really work on counter attacks as the opposition is out of position.

Try him as a DLF. I struggled with the Target Man position with Benteke. Switched to DLF and he scored headers for fun.

Thats my problem, he wins mostly flicks and lays the ball to teammates using his head. But never attacking balls in the box. Scoring headers is almost extinct it seems :(

if I can't find away to sort this I may aswell sell him come the next window. Which is a shame really as I like him a lot

Try him as a DLF. I struggled with the Target Man position with Benteke. Switched to DLF and he scored headers for fun.

I'm going to try that now, did you change his individual instructions or leave them as the default options they ive for a DLF? And support or attack duty?

cheers

Try Fantastic 3-6-1, my target man in that formation 'Benteke' scores around 50 goals a season, 30-40 in the league. About 10-15 are headers. :)