Getting maximum of a player - Gaston Ramirez

djidjo88

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I am playing again as Southampton, 4th season. I tried many different tactics during my first 3 seasons, finishing in the top 6 and only winning Capital One cup. I believe I have strong squad and I should be able to compete at highest level. One of my goals was to have a lot of english players and to try to train them very well. Besides the awesome development of Ward-Prowse, I must single out Gaston Ramirez, who achieved amazing results in the training sessions. Here is the screen shot of Ward-Prowse, who I believe will be a legend in my game:
View attachment 289014

The reason why I am making a thread is that for some reason, I find really difficult to making the maximum of Gaston. I'm unsure is it his work rate, lack of speed or just tactics. Here are his stats:
View attachment 289015

As for PPMs he has : Runs with ball through the center, Gets Forward, Places shots, Cuts inside, Comes deep to get the ball. Currently he is playing as right inside forward, but I believe he can do better with these stats? Should I play him as AMC besides the striker?(and what type of striker?). Can he play in a Zidane role ? Need advice for tactics and ideas. Thank you in advance!

Experiment and tweak tactics thats how you get the best out of players... Fede Vico on my Cordoba team the best example I have...

His natural position is AML/Inside Forward towards the end of last season I made him pass shorter with slightly more creativity and he got twice the amount of assists and goals as he did in the first half... I brought in Isco and he struggled with AMC so I switched him to AML and moved Vico to AMR with the same setting but made him a Winger/Support and his game improved again...
I could tell you play him here and do this but you will have better results if you experiment yourself...