Getting players retired from international football to come out of retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

amathews3416

Reaction score
Has anybody had any luck with getting players retired from international football to come back and play for their country again? I'm currently playing with Ireland and could definitely use Stephen Ireland in my squad. I ask him just about every couple of months and he rejects each time. Should I stop wasting my time and just stop asking or is there still a chance?

Maybe. It might just be a 'fun' interaction with the player; nobody's ever done it for me.

(A)

Last edited:
loads of people have got jamie caragher (sp?) and others and probably got ireland to reconsider, there is a thread but i cant find it :S

I got VDS to reconsider :p So it is possible :)

I have with a couple, got Frey back for France, it helps if you are favoured personell.

Yeah I got Scholes on a saved but i was trying to bring as many united players tot he World Cup as possible and he was like 37-38. Again im assuming i was a favored personel as id managed him and played him alot over the 4-5 seasons and kept telling him what a great coach he would make

It is possible but rarely, you'll have to ask the retired player, most times they seem adamant to return from retirement.

As for Ireland, I'd say make do of what you have because it seems like he'll continue to give you the same negative answer lol.

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I'm about to have this issue with Rory Delap.. He's not yet retired, but is planning to do so in January 2013 (Currently in June 2012), and he's still one of my better midfielders, and ideally, would like to keep him around.

As you can see from the posts above, it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.