highonwater

Reaction score
Hey forum. So a quick question; I am now in the 2017/18 season in FM2011 with my Milan team. I have had Fernando Torres since season 1 and he is my club captain but he is now 33 and his attributes have dropped dramatically. He's gone from making 30+ apps a season with an avg rating of 7.5+ to making 10 starts and maybe 10 subs with a rating of 6-7 in my last 2 seasons. I have him on as a player/coach now but I'm trying to get him to be just a coach and retire so i dont have to have him payed ridiculously high + free up a striker berth in my lineup. Does anyone know how to to get a player to retire so i can still keep him as a coach but not as a player?

Hey forum. So a quick question; I am now in the 2017/18 season in FM2011 with my Milan team. I have had Fernando Torres since season 1 and he is my club captain but he is now 33 and his attributes have dropped dramatically. He's gone from making 30+ apps a season with an avg rating of 7.5+ to making 10 starts and maybe 10 subs with a rating of 6-7 in my last 2 seasons. I have him on as a player/coach now but I'm trying to get him to be just a coach and retire so i dont have to have him payed ridiculously high + free up a striker berth in my lineup. Does anyone know how to to get a player to retire so i can still keep him as a coach but not as a player?
Just offer him a coach contract.He prob wont accept tho because he is still young(considering players dont retire till 35-36.So id say offer him a coach contract because you have him on a player/coach contract.

you cannot force the player to retire, they will retire when they want to! as Coolguy mentioned, once he has accepted the player/coaching role at the club after player interaction, you can only ask him to sign a coach contract....

you are just going to have to wait... is he worth keeping in your game? coach stat wise?

in the first season Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher will both accept player/coach roles. if torres wants to be a coach, suggest it and if he wants to retire he will offer to start straight away