Getting promoted

Bully31

Reaction score
I'm on the brink of promotion in my first season with Rochdale but i'm having a little dilema. I know i can easily get automatic promotion, I'm 2nd in the league with only 3 games to go, but i was wondering if it's better financially for my to go through the playoffs or be champions.

Anyone any idea which is best for the money?

In my Italian serie C games, I was never outright champion, I always had to go through the playoffs to be promoted.

Playoff games can be televised, and usually are close to sold out. However if your stadium holds only a few thousand, you won't get very big returns. I usually didn't get a whole lot of money for the playoffs.

Your best option is to be outright champion, strive for victory and try to avoid a playoff if possible. You'll make plenty of money when you get to the next league.

you will also impress your board and fanbase more as champion

I've just played the last few days and ended up 2nd and i got £69,000 for it, unfortunately in a quick cleaning spree i moved my printer and my mobile fell off the shelf and managed to hit the power button on my distribution block so it looks like i have to go through it all again. Think i might try to lose the remaining games and try the playoff route and post back with my findings

So you are willing to kill your morale for the playoffs? I'm telling you, being champion will benefit you more.

get automatic anyday of the week if you lose in playoffs you have just blown your chances of promotion

losing to go into playoff is silly players may be on a downer through missing auto promotion and could fail in playoffs very risky

Anything can happen in the play-offs! Definitely go for automatic promotion.