SotK

hates injury crises.
Reaction score
I'm playing as Manchester United, third season in game (my first season at United) and I was originally playing Hernandez up front with Rooney (Poacher and Adv. Forward) and Rooney got injured. Berbatov was not playing well, so I started using Macheda and Hernandez as my strike partnership (both poachers). They were banging goals in for half a season (Macheda on 18, Henandez on 26) and then Rooney came back from injury. I didn't put him straight back in the team, since I didn't want to upset this goalscoring form.

Out of nowhere, the goals then dried up. Neither Macheda or Hernandez have scored in about 6 games, and Rooney scored once before getting a red card and banned for 3 games. Berbatov has got 3 goals playing as a backup striker all season, and I also have Sanogo who isn't really ready for first-team football fully yet (performs averagely, scored once in 5).

Any idea how I can get my strikers firing? Headers from corners and Valencia scoring a decent amount can only get me so far :( .

Not to criticise but you shouldn't play two poachers at the same time, as for firing them up again have you tried fining them for bad performances? In my experience that generally snaps them out of whatever slumber they are in :)

yeah try fining them,
or change to 1 striker to give more goalscoring options from midfield?

I'll try fining them and see if that gets them to remember where the net is. Thanks for the advice :) .

Both Macheda and Hernandez form a solid partnership in my save, scoring and giving assists each other. I suggest you set both of them as adv forward instead of poacher, so they can play some through balls

Hernandez has been on the pitch 6 minutes since I fined him. Just scored for the first time in about 7 games :D .