NUFC Joe

Reaction score
I'm Rangers and I'm scoring goals, but none are really from my strikers that I play, normally from midfield and my 2 wide men, I'm happy I'm doing so well but it's annoying that my striker isn't making as much of an impact.

My formation is the 4-5-1 or 4-1-2-2-1.

Player roles:

gk - D
FBs - Auto
CDs - D
Anchorman - D
DLP - S
CM - A
Wingers - A
Advanced/Deep lying/Complete F - A

and my target man is clicked and they are driving crosses in like I ask, but they just dont seem to get onto the end of anything. The ball is played through well too.

Any help?

Thanks.

Well, when using an Advanced FC as a single FC without any AMC support, his job will mainly be to stretch the defence and as you have him as target man, he will often beout wid when receiving the ball. When he makes a pass to a teammate that sets up the goal, he will still be too far away from the area.

Eiether you get to terms with this or use a deepdropping player in a Complete/Deepllying FC/support or TQ/role that links up with play deeper before moving into the area. Naturally this will have an effect of the tactic as you will probably need anouther player stretching the defence diagonally

You can also try using a poacher instead. He will probably be less involved in the play but will be in the area when needed

If you want them to become more involved in the play then I would advise dlf or defensive foreword for suitable candidates. If you want them to score more have fast,high first touch/finishing poachers