addug

Reaction score
So call me a traditionalist but there's few things I like more than a striker bagging 30+ goals a season in the league. Yet I'm not sure if it's the way I choose to set my team up or the sort of player I'm attracted too but I've really struggled to get a player anywhere above 25 on this years game.

On last years I was able to get 46 premier league goals out of Ademilson, but seemingly regardless of who I rely on this year it isn't happening. Is the consensus that the ME just doesn't really let you reach those heights this yeah or have some of you had success with it?

In my last season where as a team we got 106 goals my main strikes still only managed 23. Would love to hear any ideas or success anyone else has had on this.

With the right tactics you can do it. Get in somebody like Facundo Ferreira, put him in the right set up and give him games (Ive found that the more cfs you have the less they score none plays enuff do to need to rotate) and it ll happen.

I've got 40-50 with Giroud plenty of times.

Are you using downloaded tactics or making your own?

If you're downloading make sure you pick the right striker for the right role.

Same goes for if you're creating your own but if you're creating effective tactics that score 106 goals... well I'd hope to think you were able to get a striker to score more than 30 goals in a team that scores 100 plus goals to begin with.

With the right tactics you can do it. Get in somebody like Facundo Ferreira, put him in the right set up and give him games (Ive found that the more cfs you have the less they score none plays enuff do to need to rotate) and it ll happen.

I'm in 2023 now so he's at the ripe old age of 32, at City, only managed 136 goals in 320 games though. How did he do for you? Yeah I had 3 strikers in total last year, but my main who started 32 league games managed 22. I know it's still good but I feel I should be able to get more. I've sold said striker now for just short of ?70m to focus on one of my younger ones. So we'll see.

I've got 40-50 with Giroud plenty of times.

Are you using downloaded tactics or making your own?

If you're downloading make sure you pick the right striker for the right role.

Same goes for if you're creating your own but if you're creating effective tactics that score 106 goals... well I'd hope to think you were able to get a striker to score more than 30 goals in a team that scores 100 plus goals to begin with.

Started out with downloaded tactics but I've remade them a zillion times at this point. Varying between a 3-1-2-3-1, 5-2-1-2 and 4-2-3-1 depending on situation. Yeah I've usually just gone straight for the strikers best duty, I'll try testing them out to see when they seem to get most.

It seems remarkable that I've actually managed to score 106 goals despite my lead striker only getting 22.

It is still very possible to hit high totals with both team and player. In a recent season, playing predominately a 4-2-3-1 formation, my regen striker aged 24 got 42 to beat Liverpools goals in a season record, and the team clocked up around 170 goals for the season. I found that good wingers were the key to my success, both are very quick, so I would use them to devastating effect on the counter.