Getting the best out of Alberto Paloschi

CraigSaph

Reaction score
I flat out don't know how to do it. I've tried every avenue I can think of in the form of free roles, forward runs on with run with ball on, forward runs on with run with ball off, forward runs with run with ball etc etc. No matter what I do he just seems to either be left behind in play or runs right into opposing defenders. I'm at my wits end. My team looks like this 2nd season in with Wigan:

Yohan Pele

Jiranek/Barragan
Hangeland/Reguinsen/David Luiz
Edman/Guilherme

Ismael Bangoura (also striker)/ Beckham (plays in centre mid lot of the time)
Skeljbred/Zuculini/Bodde/Beckham
Buononatte/Aquino (striker too)

Hesselink/Paloschi/Foti/Aquino

The team has gelled well, I play a nice simple 4-4-2 which I like to keep very minimalistic. I have seen ideas bout deploying him as a target man with run onto ball and have a playmaker, maybe Skeljbred? Beckham?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm on a network game with my housemates and I need him to pay some bills with some serious skills asap

I honestly don't know what the issue is, training him to use the channels may improve his movement but he's having a great season for me and i've primarily been using him as a solo striker.

Sure the problem is him and not the midfield support?

He's current top scorer in the league for me and is giving me a good return, he's only just starting to develop too.

albertopaloschi1.jpg

albertopaloschi2.jpg

I play with many of the midfield pushing up giving a wall of support behind him, maybe your midfield are too deep?

His stats seem a bit better for you then on mine. Maybe I do need more support for him. A possible 4-5-1 may just be required then. Although, I did drop him and Aquino and Foti have both scored 2 in 2 so maybe I need to just re-think my supporting cast. I am training him to place shots currently, next stop is offside trap and then move into channels. I find that to be a winning combination