Getting the best out of Gotze and Wilshere

Ag88

Reaction score
I have Gotze and Wilshere in my Arsenal team and I've come across a slight problem. For many people who have Gotze they play him as an inside forward on the left which is what I was doing in order to accommodate Jack in the number 10 role as an advanced playmaker. The problem is that when I move Gotze inside to Wilshere's role he performs over 8.00 average over a number of games which is also how Wilshere performs in the role. Neither of them perform anywhere near as well in other positions so I was wondering if there's a way to get them in a similar position (both behind the striker).

I play a 4-2-3-1 tactic which Oxlade Chamberlain on the right for width but I'm thinking of moving Gotze mor inside so it looks something like this.

- Falcao

- Gotze - Wilshere -----Chamberlain

- Asamoah - Fellaini

- Alaba - Zouma - Varane - Danilo

- Sczezsny

With Chamberlain as an out and out winger I want wilshere to remain an advanced playmaker and Gotze as an inside forward maybe? But I'm concerned that the left flank will be easy to overlap and Gotze and wilshere might get in each other's way. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
What about having them swap position during the game? so that they share the AML and AMC role.

There is no way you have that line up even into your 3rd Arsenal season.. Something fishy?

A lot of clauses, deals and sales but nothing fishy. My proudest signings are the centre backs for a combined fee of 30m, both of whom are just brick walls in defence.

I thought about switching them but i don't wan't to see Wilshere on the left wing. I might experiment with having them both behind the striker (gotze as a treq) with chamberlain out wide and move fellaini back perhaps left sided defensive mid to cover that side a bit more. Any other thoughts would be welcome.

There is no way you have that line up even into your 3rd Arsenal season.. Something fishy?
Hes only spent around £160million i reckon, i have spent £60million as Arsenal in my first transfer window alone, its not hard especially with all of that back four available for less than £17million each

Try to train him to play as a forward T. He is ridiculously good there. You can also play both in the middle with Wilshere as a DLP and Gotze as AP.

Hes only spent around £160million i reckon, i have spent £60million as Arsenal in my first transfer window alone, its not hard especially with all of that back four available for less than £17million each

Okay.. well 17 x 4 is 78. Falcao is £40M. Gotze £40M. Fellaini £20M-£25M. Asamoah £25M?

£203M right there. Don't get me wrong, you get a lot of money at Arsenal. I've spent about £90M in my first season and I've only sold Squillaci. But this team here is at least 3 seasons work, if it's not then I'm clearly playing the game wrong.

I probably am actually. Get Director of football to get me Schurrle. Paid nearly £50M for him!! Plus he's so **** for me. Cannot get him to work. May just let him go in the summer even if I get like £20M. £30M loss, oh dear.

Only reckless signing I've made, no idea why I clicked yes. Could have negotiated better myself.

Okay.. well 17 x 4 is 78. Falcao is £40M. Gotze £40M. Fellaini £20M-£25M. Asamoah £25M?

£203M right there. Don't get me wrong, you get a lot of money at Arsenal. I've spent about £90M in my first season and I've only sold Squillaci. But this team here is at least 3 seasons work, if it's not then I'm clearly playing the game wrong.

I probably am actually. Get Director of football to get me Schurrle. Paid nearly £50M for him!! Plus he's so **** for me. Cannot get him to work. May just let him go in the summer even if I get like £20M. £30M loss, oh dear.

Only reckless signing I've made, no idea why I clicked yes. Could have negotiated better myself.
Ah yes i read it wrong, i saw your part about 3rd season and thought he had said he was in the 3rd season, im not called captain skim read for nothing, his finances will probably be screwed in a year or two!