Reaction score
Hi guys, I posted yesterday questioning about my attacks woeful accuracy but I've decided to see if anyone can give me some about how to get the near God-level irl Higuain to score? He's started every match so far and no goals. I'm playing a 4-3-3, with insigne set as IF and Callejon as a RAM. I've tried to replicate Sarri's IRL tactics so have Hamsik making deep runs and trying to emphasise the left flank and link
up with Insigne, Ghoulam and Higuain. I have him set on CF-S but he's been sh*te, even tried as an DLF as I noticed his isolation and still nothing. For a player as talented as Higuain, 0 goals is dreadful (I'm in October 2015). Does anyone have any advice as to what set up has helped Higuain and what role fits well?

cheers guys! (Please help)

Had him on DLF and he basically destroyed the league

I think his biggest problem is his ppm of trying to break the offside trap. Even with support duty, he will still be playing off the shoulder of the last defender most of the time. That's probably why you think he is isolated. Maybe you can play a 2 strikers formation or get a player at the AM position just to feed those through balls to him.

I think his biggest problem is his ppm of trying to break the offside trap. Even with support duty, he will still be playing off the shoulder of the last defender most of the time. That's probably why you think he is isolated. Maybe you can play a 2 strikers formation or get a player at the AM position just to feed those through balls to him.

@vassili07 Thats exactly what happens! He is offside an insane amount! I might give that a go, cheers!

As mentioned you should try and play with an AM, that can feed through balls for Higuain to run at. And given that you have Hamsik in your squad that shouldn't be a problem. I've played Higuain as a Poacher when I managed him, but that was at the beginning of FM16 so a while back. But managed to score a lot of goals for me.

Hi guys, I posted yesterday questioning about my attacks woeful accuracy but I've decided to see if anyone can give me some about how to get the near God-level irl Higuain to score? He's started every match so far and no goals. I'm playing a 4-3-3, with insigne set as IF and Callejon as a RAM. I've tried to replicate Sarri's IRL tactics so have Hamsik making deep runs and trying to emphasise the left flank and link
up with Insigne, Ghoulam and Higuain. I have him set on CF-S but he's been sh*te, even tried as an DLF as I noticed his isolation and still nothing. For a player as talented as Higuain, 0 goals is dreadful (I'm in October 2015). Does anyone have any advice as to what set up has helped Higuain and what role fits well?

cheers guys! (Please help)

Played him as advanced forward in my arsenal save and he scored 37 goals, winning the premier league top scorer award. He did not get many assists though.

For a player that likes to break the offside trap you need someone sat in behind at AM to feed them the ball through. Play a little bit deeper to give the AM space and have them play the risky/creative balls in behind. If you still have Hamsik he could work if not I would suggest someone like Odegaard who can improve in the future.

Keep Higuain as a poacher is what I would say mainly and just let him feed off the chances as long as the players behind create you should be fine. Although, it is hard to overturn Juve with the strength of their team and budget.