kostasq

Reaction score
Hi all. I usually play 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 tactics so I do not use IF. Now I am thinking of switching to 4-1-2-3 formation so I would like some suggestions on how to take the most out of my 2 IF. I am thinking more a role like CR, which is the main focus of Real offense, even if he is not the forward.
So
a) Both of them IF attack?
b)Narrow or Wide tactic?
c)Mixed passing, or down both flanks
d) should I use them as target man ot playmaker of the team?

I would really appreciate someone more experienced to help me out with this :)

Thank you

a) it depends on the player mate, if you have say Hulk and Ronaldo then yes, both IF attack, if you have say Valencia and Ronaldo, Valencia would be much better at Winger - Attack...

b) you can play narrow in your own half and in your midfield, but setting exploit flanks shout will make your mids pass wide to the flanks, I would play a normal width and quick tempo with direct passing

c) I play down both flanks, that is my preference, does not make it right though :) I am just getting very, very good results and performances from my wingers whether it was Weiss/Boudebouz/Lallana a few years ago or now Sarabia/Hulk/Ox Chamberlain, they all have and are performing very well

d) none of them

hope that helps :)

a) also, I prefer having a two pronged attack, meaning that if it goes left I know my IF will be cutting inside but if it goes right, I know my winger to take it to the byline and whip it in... so I have two different forms of attacking going forward and out wide, this has worked very well for me in the past..

its just playing to your players strengths.. imagine asking Messi to hold up ball, never run with ball, never run from deep, little freedom and long shots always.. that is not going to do well :)

a) it depends on the player mate, if you have say Hulk and Ronaldo then yes, both IF attack, if you have say Valencia and Ronaldo, Valencia would be much better at Winger - Attack...

b) you can play narrow in your own half and in your midfield, but setting exploit flanks shout will make your mids pass wide to the flanks, I would play a normal width and quick tempo with direct passing.

c) I play down both flanks, that is my preference, does not make it right though :) I am just getting very, very good results and performances from my wingers whether it was Weiss/Boudebouz/Lallana a few years ago or now Sarabia/Hulk/Ox Chamberlain, they all have and are performing very well

d) none of them

hope that helps :)

I am going to try to adopt a counter attack tactic (with Aston Villa) so yes a exploit the flanks shout and narrow in the midfield defense would be a good approach, also the more direct passing)
Since I was not using shouts, is there a way I can set up the exploit flanks shout to be standard, and I could switch it off when I want and not need to switch it on every time before the game?

thanks again

I am going to try to adopt a counter attack tactic (with Aston Villa) so yes a exploit the flanks shout and narrow in the midfield defense would be a good approach, also the more direct passing)
Since I was not using shouts, is there a way I can set up the exploit flanks shout to be standard, and I could switch it off when I want and not need to switch it on every time before the game?

thanks again

focus passing - down both flanks

Cm's PPM's - switch ball to other flanks

thats about it really..

its much much easier using shouts though, you can remove it immediately..

Can anyone remember the tactic floating about lately that used 3 AMC's all as Inside Forwards? I can no longer find it...

Didn`t ever have any problems with IF`s but with the last ME they look useless. Playing with West Ham(default database). My IF`s are Jarvis, Benayoun, Vaz Te, also Maiga can play on the wing. Not greatest players in EPL but they doesn`t even create chances.