Getting the best out of rubbish players

JuniorPoruko

Reaction score
We've all had success through buying world class players and wonderkids. I was just wondering if anyone has won anything with poor rated players, or how you've turned a poor player (in terms of ability) in to a star man.

To kick this off, I played Damien Pleissis in most of the premiership games with Liverpool and still managed to win the title (Mascherano was injured). He even scored against Man Utd and was one of my better players. Judging by all coach reports I should have offloaded him as soon as possible, but by giving him praise often he turned in consistently good performances.

What is the worst team (in terms of players, not reputation) you've had success with?

First 7 games of the season with Celtic Boruc was out injured and Fox only lost 3 goals in those 7 games.

AT shewsbury Grant holt the main striker who was my best player got injured i was gutted so i thought well i probably wont win anything this season and also couldnt afford to buy a replacement so i decided to play a youngster called Gareth Partridge who had 'no future at gthe club' according to my coaches well when he injured i was 19th with 11 points after 9 games with Bradford top with 23 points i went on a run after christmas unbeaten until the end of the season 28 games unbeaten nd partridge ended up the league top scorer with 26 goals in 32 games ending up player and young player of the year i finished top with 88 points clear of bradford by 11 points and stuffing bradford at valley parade 5-0 with patridge grabbing 2 goals and 2 assists nd 1 disallowed lol ermmm. so ye i wa chufed to bits his value soared to 3.5 mil and attracted interest frm arsenal man city chelsea liverpool nd leeds n sold him to man city for 4.2 mil

Important thing to say is that your coaches and scouts aren't always right. Their ability to judge a player's current ability and potential ability is affected by their stats. What they can't judge is just how effective a player will be if his current ability is in position critical attributes which suit your style of play. So the player could be transfer fodder if you listened to your coaches, or he could be a World Player of the Year if you can figure out how best to use him.

Anyways, best results I've had were a 32 goal season from a striker with 4 finishing and 6 heading. Admittedly, it was in the Conference South and he does have better than average pace. But through balls and balls over the top gave him so many chances...