Getting the best out of Santi Cazorla???

Reaction score
Hi.

Does anybody have any experience with getting Santi to perform to his best.
I have tried every position across the Midfield and so far he has only had one top game, all others are 6.8 unless my Team destroy the opposition and everyone plays well.

He is currently behind Ozil, and Wilshere for the Attacking Mid role and I have had to change to the use of 2 wingers because his performances are not up to scratch.
Not a big deal because I am top of the league and doing well in other comps but I would like to have him performing well.

I also have trouble getting the best out of him. Even thinking about selling him after 1st season...getting older and still worth a lot.

Same here.
I started with 3 midfielders with Ozil and Santi further forward but had to change. Very annoying

I have been playing an 4 - 3 - 3 and I use him as an AML Inside Forward and sometimes as AMC when Wilshere was unable to play there. First season he had 30 appearances 7 goals 7 assists 4 PoM and 7.02 av Rating. He did a pretty good job there for me although my other players were alot better.

The only game he has played well was when I beat Liverpool 4-1 with a hat trick from the BIG F***ing GERMAN, I rested Ozil so it meant Santi was on Free Kicks and Corners he set up Per's goals (all corners) I don't know what rating he would have had minus those assists. Also Walcott, Flamini and Podolski could be on the shopping list.

My first season with santi was a disaster he finished the season with avg rating of 7
I could not get his best in either CM,CAM,RWM,LWM :(
Second season I sold him to madrid for 32.5 million and bought in shaaraway for 35 M :D :D

He has been pretty poor on the last 3 FMs. The problem isn't his attributes, but his **** annoying "Shoots from Distance" PPM, meaning any time he gets the ball near the area he has a shot, which is normally sh*te.

I think SI should either tone down this PPM, or remove it entirely. As fair enough Cazorla takes quite a few long shots, but nowhere near as many as he does on game. And if a player was specifially told to stop taking long shots, pretty sure he would before long. Any player with this PPM is almost unplayable.

I just sold him to Barcelona for 40 mln euros and brought Schurlle from Chelsea for 13 mln.

He has been pretty poor on the last 3 FMs. The problem isn't his attributes, but his **** annoying "Shoots from Distance" PPM, meaning any time he gets the ball near the area he has a shot, which is normally sh*te.

I think SI should either tone down this PPM, or remove it entirely. As fair enough Cazorla takes quite a few long shots, but nowhere near as many as he does on game. And if a player was specifially told to stop taking long shots, pretty sure he would before long. Any player with this PPM is almost unplayable.

Completely agree, it is a shame that such a good real life player does not show the same talent in this game.
I have half a season left so I'll train him to stop shooting and set instructions for "shoot less" with him aswel. If this fail he's sold SADLY.

Completely agree, it is a shame that such a good real life player does not show the same talent in this game.
I have half a season left so I'll train him to stop shooting and set instructions for "shoot less" with him aswel. If this fail he's sold SADLY.

I've tried that, both with him, Michu and Scocco. Not of them managed to unlearn it. PPMs override instructions, which is unrealistic, so that won't work either. I would of sold him (In summer 2nd season) but Barca only offered ?7m for him and Ozil got injured :(

I think selling him is the best option, I do have Ozil and Wilshere in his position and his transfer fee would allow me to get Ward-Prowse or another young English talent. Ozil now has 16 assists and 5 goals in 20 games. The man is a genius!!

In the 2nd season, Barca was very interested in him, kept bidding for him. I ended up deciding to sell him on deadline day (Leaving it late I know), and caused a bidding war between Barca and Chelsea. Sold him for ?20m, but would of been able to get much more if I'd decided to sell him earlier (I had to accept their bid as I ran out of time)

For me he's good on either wing as Winger (Attack) and he had people bidding for him after the first season

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

yo yo cazorla rox !!!

Hi,

i playing with Arsenal and cazorla and Ozil rox for me. I won League and Championship league in 1st season. Very important for wingers. FB is important and his instruction. Example, Cazorla goes with ball right top and he goes in middle of pitch, FB goes in right corner and Cazorla pass ball to him and run straight to goal, after that FB crosses or pass directly to Cazorla and he shot at first touch and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL sam goes for Ozil. So i must say you dont get best of him because you dont have good instructions for his supports.

Same goes for middle field players. If they dont go close to him so Cazorla can pass ball then the try to often to drible and lose a lost balls and him average play is like 6.8-7.1. But with good side support i got him make 7.9 in first season and Ozil 8.1 XD

Hi,

i playing with Arsenal and cazorla and Ozil rox for me. I won League and Championship league in 1st season. Very important for wingers. FB is important and his instruction. Example, Cazorla goes with ball right top and he goes in middle of pitch, FB goes in right corner and Cazorla pass ball to him and run straight to goal, after that FB crosses or pass directly to Cazorla and he shot at first touch and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLL sam goes for Ozil. So i must say you dont get best of him because you dont have good instructions for his supports.

Same goes for middle field players. If they dont go close to him so Cazorla can pass ball then the try to often to drible and lose a lost balls and him average play is like 6.8-7.1. But with good side support i got him make 7.9 in first season and Ozil 8.1 XD

Thank you but I have Sagna and Gibbs supporting and the look for overlap instruction in place. Ozil no problems, all other players no problem just Cazorla. Only reason I am patient with him is because I love him in real life ha

I sold him for 40m in the start of the season, he didn't play well in the pre season, and he is quite old.