Dicko1878

Reaction score
Guys I have this regen striker and he looks like he's going to develop into a beast but for some reason he just can't score. His technical is low but surely he should be at least heading a few in. Any ideas?

View attachment 64200

May have something to do with the role he plays? You tried changing that?

Its not his role - AF is a great scoring position as he is leading the line. The big issue with this is he has no player traits. For my AF, I usually have them running with the ball often and placing their shots (so you dont get 25 shots on goal with no result!). Make sure in your tactics you are 'working ball into box", and supply him with relevant crosses eg if he is good at strength and heading, get him crosses fed in in the air. Can you keep us up to date with this on this thread please - he looks great and i'd love to see how you get on with him mate :)

Great job bringing him through by the way

Drop him!

Not because he isn't scoring, because he is still only 19.

I assume you have him in the u23 squad or at least 'Available for u23s" which would be my choice, have him training with the first team and playing for the u23s.

He is still developing mentally, youth are notoriously inconsistent as they develop. REst him from first team duties, maybe a couple of benches, but give him a few games in the u23s, he should tear it up at that level, and once he starts hitting the net reguarly htere, re-introduce him to first team action slowly.

Have you tried mentoring him? Find someone with PPMs related to finishing, and composure.
He will become a beast if he is handled properly.

Its not his role - AF is a great scoring position as he is leading the line. The big issue with this is he has no player traits. For my AF, I usually have them running with the ball often and placing their shots (so you dont get 25 shots on goal with no result!). Make sure in your tactics you are 'working ball into box", and supply him with relevant crosses eg if he is good at strength and heading, get him crosses fed in in the air. Can you keep us up to date with this on this thread please - he looks great and i'd love to see how you get on with him mate :)

Great job bringing him through by the way

Sorry guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. He's a screenshot of him now. I gave him the trait 'shoots with power'. He's been an absolute beast for me, here's a screenshot:

View attachment 54700

The reason he wasn't scoring at first is a combination of a few things, his age, his adaptability, the playing style hes used to etc

You can't truly judge a player until he has learned the language, adapted to the playing style etc